Advertiser: Darwin Port Corporation3.5 out of 53.5 overall rating (2 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Jun 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Electricians
About the business
The Port of Darwin is the nation's 'northern gateway' for Australasian trade. We have commercial wharf facilities at East Arm and the cruise ship terminal at Fort Hill Wharf.
Darwin Port provides world class pilotage and harbour control systems and a seamless supply chain capable of handling containers, bulk liquids, bulk materials, live exports and heavy lift oversized cargoes. With expansion plans and a commitment to continuing investments in infrastructure, Darwin Port is ready to service Australia's future needs and capitalise on the development of Northern Australia and emerging markets.
About the role
As an essential part of our Facilities Maintenance team, you will be required to perform maintenance and testing of Darwin Port electrical equipment, with an emphasis on planned and preventative maintenance; to ensure safe and efficient operations that meet the expectations of customers and stakeholders.
This role may require attendance out of hours, including weekends and public holidays that will attract overtime payments.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive Base Salary plus Allowances
- 5 weeks annual leave per annum
- Standard hours - 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday
- Located locally at East Arm, Berrimah NT
- 12-month fixed term contract
Skills and experience
You will be a trade qualified Electrician holding a NT "A" Grade Electrical licence with at least five years' relevant experience, with a substantial exposure to large industrial operations (e.g. bulk materials handling or similar). Ideally, you will also have proven experience with, or a strong desire to learn about, programming, fault finding and modifying Programmable Logic Control systems (PLC's).
You will be a confident and self-motivated with the ability to apply safe work and environmental practices in all aspects of your duties and responsibilities.
You must be reliable and able work both as part of a team and independently.
You will ideally have the following;
- Hold current Forklift & Gantry Crane licences
- Hold current, Working at Heights & Elevated Work Licences
All applicants must hold or be eligible to obtain a Maritime Security Identity Card (MSIC) and will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical assessment and will be subject to Drug and Alcohol testing in accordance with Company policy.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an electrician?
- Do you hold a current electrical licence?
- Do you have a current licence to operate an Elevating Work Platform (EWP)?
- What's your expected annual base salary?