Assistant AccountantPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Jun 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Construction industry leader with a well-developed reputation for excellence and high performance within our field is seeking an Assistant Accountant.
With clear, well-defined training and development opportunities, and a structure that allows for promotion from within, this is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and switched-on individual who is looking to develop their career.
This role is a hand on position that will see the successful candidate getting directly involved across the Accounting function. This will allow for a broad and practical understanding regarding the relationship between various areas of the business before allowing the individual to step up within their preferred area in due course.
On offer for the successful candidate is the chance to work with highly experienced industry professionals where you will be mentored and trained in a range of duties. You will have full study support to complete a CA/CPA qualification and ongoing development and progression opportunities will be on offer as well.
Responsibilities are as follows but not limited to:
- Month end reporting
- Job reporting
- Preparing of management reports
- Transactional support and reconciliations
- Payroll and employee expenses
- Inventory and purchasing control
- Assisting with monthly and annual budgeting
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Assist with quarterly and End of Year reporting
- Liaise with auditors for end of financial year audit
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Accounting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Keen eye for detail
- Able to work with conflicting deadlines and competing demands
- Able to manage work and study commitments
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a wider team
- Experience with Jobpac Accounting Software
- Relevant accounting experience is advantageous but not a requirement