Senior Social Worker
Advertiser: Kudos ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Jun 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
Kudos Services is the official NDIS Partner in South Australia for early intervention services for children 0-6 years. We are also a provider of therapy services for children and young people with a disability from 7 years of age. We are a bold, brave and ambitious organisation built on the belief that every child, young person and their family has the right to belong to a supportive community that understands them.
About the role
You will be part of the Therapy Services team as a Senior Social Worker. You will be responsible for handling a complex caseload and working within a multi-disciplinary team of Allied Health professionals and service providers. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing evidence-based assessment and intervention services specifically responsible for assisting clients and their families in achieving their goals and maximising their potential.
In this role, you will
- Manage an active caseload involving the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the appropriate intervention program.
- Encourage client and family participation in program evaluation to ensure that services are relevant to the individual family’s needs and priorities.
- Integrate Social Work with other Kudos services to support a multi-disciplinary approach. This includes liaising and engaging in decision making, client reviews, planning sessions program conferences and other appropriate meetings.
- Work and liaise with carers and families, service providers and community members to enhance the quality of life and choice for our clients.
- Contribute to NDIS service planning and conduct ongoing reviews and evaluations of interventions to maximise and enable the most effective use of resources.
- Have opportunities for career development, including access to Positive Behaviour Support Training.
The successful applicant will have
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Social Work
- Proven experience of delivering Specialist Support Coordination under the NDIS
- Knowledge of current best practice interventions and person-centred practice. A sound understanding of person-centred thinking, the principles of NDIS, the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission, and the National Disability Services Standards.
- Current registration with AASW, or willingness to register.
We are looking for someone who is evidence-based and enjoys problem-solving. You will be right for this role if you have strong time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities. In return, you will work in a team of professionals who are engaging, collaborative and share a passion for providing high-quality service. We invest in our people and further professional development and upskilling is accessible to you. We are proudly an employee-led and public service mutual. We pride ourselves in empowering our staff to actively participate in decision-making and governance.
Kudos Services is a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal Australians or Torres Strait Islander and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
This position is based in our North office. Please apply now via Seek and include a Cover Letter & Resume in your application. For further information please contact the HR Advisor, Prisca at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a social worker?