Head of Customer and Commercial Insights
Advertiser: RSL Queensland3.64 out of 53.6 overall rating (25 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Jun 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Management
About RSL Queensland
Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years, and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and wellbeing services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives.
The driving force behind funding these services is the RSL Art Union Lottery which over the last decade has reached unprecedented growth through market disruption and innovation. We have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
About the role
The Head of Customer and Commercial Insights plays a key role in enabling the lottery to realise its strategic and operational goals by providing analytical insights to support successful day-to-day operations as well as longer-term decision-making and planning.
The Head of Customer and Commercial Insights reports to the General Manager (GM) of Lotteries and is responsible for:
- Driving the direction and implementation of the Lotteries analytical strategy, including overseeing management visibility of data-driven insights that inform the function’s strategic direction amongst other components.
- Delivering commercial benefits and improved customer experience through the use of advanced statistical and predictive modelling techniques.
- Developing and leading projects that include a variety of advanced qualitative and quantitative analytic assignments related to the function, striving for continuous improvement.
- Developing innovative and effective approaches to solve commercial problems, and communicating results and methodologies to the General Manager.
- Supporting RSL’s progress toward its 5-year plan with robust forecasting, business case modelling and measurement of progress against key performance indicators.
- Collaborating with RSL’s broader analytics ‘community of practice’ to drive best practice and learning culture across RSL Qld.
Our ideal candidate
- Degree in a relative discipline (e.g. mathematics, statistics, epidemiology, economics) or scientific discipline with a focus on analytical skills
- 10+ years of experience in a management analytical role - preferably in a commercial, B2C environment
- A background providing key contributions to business performance utilising analytics/insights
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing analytics programs which involve integration with the work of other teams to ensure the analytics approach is aligned with enterprise-wide strategy
- Demonstrated experience in creating effective working relationships and effectively negotiating with diverse stakeholder groups (experience in a matrix environment highly regarded)
- Strong client-facing skills and the ability to communicate analytical and technical concepts in an easy-to-understand fashion
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our Benefits Hub. But the benefits that set us apart include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Operate in an Agile test and learn culture – fail fast, learn quick!
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented marketing professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If you'd like more specific detail please reach out to Scott, one of our Talent Acquisition Business Partners. Or apply today to share your interest.