Advertiser: Liberty Justice Group Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Jun 2020
- Coffs Harbour & North Coast
- $80,000 - $99,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Generalists - In-house
Lawyer with interest Civil Justice
An opportunity for an enthusiastic, proactive lawyer has become available to join our team.
We are seeking a compassionate and open-minded lawyer to take on a leading position in a civil justice role. You will act as an advocate in providing a high quality of understanding to clients’ individual needs. You will need to be self-motivated and able to work at a fast pace.
We are a niche company which operates nationwide, offering help and support for victims and survivors of child abuse in response to the findings of the royal commission into institutional child sexual abuse.
The company is involved in connecting disadvantaged and vulnerable community members with lawyers to provide legal services.
Our services are provided through teleconferences and face-to-face meetings, supported by outreach officers and ambassadors within the community.
This is a leading role for a small unique team, including front line services and casework assistance. The role reports directly to the managing director and assists in providing support, mentoring and professional supervision to other consultants within the company.
The role will involve being the first point of contact for clients who are survivors of child sexual abuse who are inquiring about redress and compensation options and assisting to liaise with clients making such claims. The successful applicant will manage a significant caseload, supported by a team of consultants.
Location & Hours
The successful applicant can be based anywhere within NSW or QLD with a national focus. Regional and interstate travel may be required on occasion.
This opportunity will provide you with a role and lifestyle unlike any other, having the flexibility to work in the comfort of your own home, out in the community, and also at our office in an iconic coastal area
This position is for a fulltime - fixed term contract, with an option to extend into the future. We are seeking long-term staff to grow alongside our developing company to help create change for our communities for the future.
This is a very unique opportunity for a lawyer who has great passion for community justice.
- Hold or be eligible to immediately obtain a current practising certificate in NSW (and QLD would be an advantage but not a priority).
- A strong demonstration of awareness of the impacts of child sexual abuse for not only the victims but also their families.
- Personal injury experience would be an advantage but not necessary.
- Experience and understanding of criminal law would also be of advantage for this role but not a criterion.
- Demonstrated experience in working independently, and in a productive manner. The ability to identify and manage priorities, meet timelines and comply with the responsibilities of the company.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and experience in providing culturally safe services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Proactively manage own cases and workload.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work in regional, rural and remote areas.
A competitive salary. In addition to being a flexible workplace, we offer a 38 hour working week, 4 weeks annual leave, including annual leave loading and superannuation.
The applicant will be provided with laptop, phone, and travel allowances.
The successful applicant must have:
- The right to work within Australia
- Hold or undergo a current Working with Children Check
- Undergo a National Criminal Check
- Complete a Health Assessment Declaration
- Hold a current Australian Driver Licence.
How to apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position and your responses to the key selection criteria.
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications.
Application Closing Date: Friday 10 July 2020 - 12:00pm.
Shortlisted applicants will then be contacted for an initial phone interview.