Senior Medical Secretary
Advertiser: Dr Andrew ScottMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Jun 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
The Thoracic and Sleep Group (QLD), located at The Wesley Hospital, requires an intelligent, articulates and experienced medical secretary to join our current administration team.
This is an opportunity to join a busy and dynamic medical practice. This is a full time position.
You will work in a team environment with four experienced medical administration staff.
Our clinics are busy every day. This is a reflection of the committment and success of our entire team with the care of our patients.
Candidates who also have a committment to high quality medical administration are preferred.
Your responsibilities include:
- Booking patients for our specialist clinics
- Work with our administration team in the booking of patients for the Wesley Hospital Sleep Disorders Lab and Wesley Lung Function Lab
- Work at our head office at The Wesley Hospital
- Maintain a high level of verbal, written and social communication with our patients in a timely, polite and consistent manner
- Manage reception services with a high level of professionalism, effective communication plus the right touch of humour and a smile
- Familiarity with the Genie software booking system including Eclipse would be preferable
- Maintain accurate clinic invoicing and understanding protocols required with Medicare and private health funds, under the supervision of the Finance Manager
- Organise additional tests for patients when directed eg radiology, pathology tests
This role would suit an individual who can work full time with the Medical Director in a modern, high tech medical practice environment.
Dr Andrew Scott is Medical Director of The Thoracic and Sleep Group (QLD). Your role will include interacting with all members of our team based at The Wesley Hospital.
For more information see our website www.thoracicandsleep.com.au
Our service provide comprehensive clinical, diagnostic and treatment services in respiratory and sleep medicine.
The Wesley Hospital is known for excellence in healthcare within Brisbane, with our office is located in the centre of this facility.
Our group is well recognised for it's excellence in high quality patient care and diagnostics. We have a close affiliations with specialist services at The Wesley Hospital, plus hospitals and universities interstate and overseas.
This position is a permanent full time role.
Additional skills expected include:
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- A committment to all training provided
- Work independently within the office environment with patients and staff, but primarily assisting Dr Andrew Scott
- To familiarise and follow clinic practice guidelines along with with company policy and procedures
- Demonstrate adaptability within the framework of clinic demands, the motivation to learn and the ability to be attuned to clinic services with intelligence and good humour
An attractive salary package commensurate with skill will be provided.
Please email your cover letter, with your resume including referees, directly to Dr Andrew Scott.
Please do not phone our office for information on how your application may be proceeding. All correspondence will with Dr Scott via email.
- How many years' experience do you have as a medical secretary?
- Which of the following medical practice management software do you have experience with?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a receptionist?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.