Advertiser: Total Physio GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Jun 2020
- Gold Coast
- $80,000 - $84,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
HR Manager responsibilities include preparing compensation and benefits packages, setting up company policies and maintaining updated employee records. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of full cycle recruiting and solid knowledge of labour legislation.
Ultimately, you will foster a healthy workplace by ensuring our HR procedures run smoothly at all times.
Human Resources Manager Experience
- 4 - 5 years of progressively more responsible positions in human resources, preferably in a similar industry in two different firms.
- Experience supervising and managing a professional staff.
- Experience as a trusted resource as a member of a senior-level executive team.
- Experience in multiple locations.
- Human resources management
- Benefits administration
- Performance management
- Communication processes
- Compensation and wage structure
- Supporting diversity
- Classifying employees
- Employment law
- Laws against sexual harassment
HR Manager: Education Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field required.
- 4+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles
- 3+ years of experience in Labour Relations and Employee Relations
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
The HR Manager must have:
- demonstrated strong effective communication in writing, business presentations, and interpersonal communication.
- highly developed demonstrated teamwork skills.
- demonstrated a high degree of confidentiality in interpersonal interaction.
- exhibited an unusual degree of common sense in working with co-workers and the executive team.
- experience directing the efforts of a team of diverse human resources professionals.
- demonstrated the ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contributions to the business goals while remaining cost sensitive.
- demonstrated commitment to evidence-based, measurable HR products, services, and activities.
- exhibited a commitment to continuous learning and employee development.
- demonstrated expertise in employment law to keep the company safe from lawsuits and have a proven ability to work well in consultation with an employment law attorney.
- exhibited a strong commitment to and interest in employee relations and communication.
- demonstrated they have the ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the senior executive team.
- experience in and the ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
- experience working in a flexible, employee empowering work environment. A structured or large company experience will not work here.
- shown familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade within human resources including HRIS, the Microsoft Office suite of products, file management, and benefits administration.
- experience in organization development and change management.
High-Level Overview of Job Requirements
The selected human resources manager must be able to perform effectively in each of these areas.
- Guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire company.
- Development of an overall HR business plan with measurable objectives and a budget.
- Staffing of the HR department to effectively serve the needs of the organization.
- Overall talent management strategy and implementation including workforce planning, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and development; performance planning, management development, and improvement; and succession planning.
- Organization development, change management initiatives, and company-wide culture and environment at work for employees.
- Oversee employment law compliance and compliance to regulatory concerns.
- Demonstrated proficiency in policy development, documentation, training, and implementation.
- Oversees employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health.
- Responsible for community outreach and communication, and charitable giving in conjunction with the community relations team.
- Managing external executive recruiting agencies, employment agencies, recruiters, and temporary staffing agencies.
- Analysis of the effectiveness of all human resources efforts both financially and in terms of whether they produced the company's needed objectives and outcomes.
- How many years' experience do you have as a human resources manager?
- How many years of payroll experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have in industrial relations & employment law?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- How many years' experience do you have with change management?