Junior Body Manufacturing Engineer
Advertiser: Ford Australia Motor CompanyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Jun 2020
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Working at Ford Australia
We are the largest automotive employer in Australia with over 2000 employees, including 1750 engineers, designers and technicians.
We are committed to becoming the world’s most trusted company, designing vehicles for a smart world that help people move more safely, confidently and freely. We are currently in the midst of the biggest change the automotive industry has ever seen. Self-driving cars, electric powertrains and connected vehicles will radically reshape how we live, work and play in the future.
We are currently seeking a Junior Engineer to grow and develop within our Body Manufacturing team at our Product Development Broadmeadows site.
This role will provide you the opportunity to develop your engineering career within a global organisation and work with talented professionals committed to developing high quality engineering services.
- Feasibility and processing of new body sheet metal components for local, regional and global vehicle programs;
- Liaise with Product Development, regional plant teams and suppliers to ensure cost, timing and quality targets are achieved;
- Interacting with Global Body manufacturing teams to ensure best practices and standards are being used;
- Identify quality issues and work for positive resolutions for both internal and external customers;
- Review engineering change requests for cost, feasibility and timing;
- Interact with regional plants and external suppliers to ensure all local requirements are met; and
- Liaise with Part Coordination Fixture (PCF), quality assurance and Stamping teams to ensure body quality targets are met.
- Completed a Tertiary qualification in Engineering;
- A highly motivated team player;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- High level of energy, drive and initiative;
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines;
- Ability to build good working relationships and communicate with all levels of the business; and
- Periodic international travel to support the team when needed.
Ford Australia is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Please let us know when you apply if you have any support or access requirements.
Join us in shaping the future & Apply now!
*To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?