Senior People & Culture Advisor
Advertiser: Skytrans Airlines Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jun 2020
- Cairns & Far North
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
Who We Are
Skytrans is looking to rapidly build on its long and distinguished history as an airline. With a high performing, customer focused team, we are committed to delivering the highest level of safety whilst ensuring excellent customer service for all our passengers.
With this in mind, we are looking for an HR professional who thrives on the challenge of sourcing, on-boarding and supporting the right people into the right positions at the right time. This is a generalist role with a lot of variety, but also provides the opportunity to utilise your skills in specific areas such as talent acquisition.
Who You Are
You will be a passionate HR practitioner who thoroughly excels in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment (ideally with similar experience within the aviation industry). As a self-motivated individual with exceptional attention to detail, you will have extensive HR administrative experience along with an in-depth understanding of Microsoft Office Suite. Your pragmatic and empathetic approach and proven ability to effectively engage with others will be welcomed.
What You Will Do
Reporting to the General Manager – People & Culture, the role is offered on a full-time basis, to provide a wide range of HR operational support and advice across the organisation. This would include all activities related to recruitment, selection and on-boarding, responding to staff queries and providing HR related information or reports, ensuring legal compliance by monitoring, interpreting and implementing applicable legislated documentation, policies and procedures, monitoring and coordinating performance and related activities, staff training and development, input to HRIS and Payroll and supporting the development and implementation of new HR initiatives.
What You Need to Succeed
- Tertiary qualification with at least 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar generalist HR role (aviation industry experience strongly preferred)
- Extensive experience delivering HR administrative support across all levels of the business
- Good understanding of the employment framework including Fair Work, modern awards and national employment standards
- Solid understanding of need for compliance with policies, procedures and regulations
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Proven ability to demonstrate discretion and confidentiality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude for establishing and maintaining effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to effectively work independently or as part of a team
- Well organised and able to quickly respond to changing requirements within a complex environment
- Ability to use initiative, multi-task, manage competing priorities and adhere to deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Resilient and pragmatic with a high level of empathy for others
- Pro-active, reliable, flexible and punctual
- Payroll experience would be advantageous
- Hold or able to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) if required
How to apply:
If you feel you have the skills and attributes we are looking for, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please click on the "APPLY FOR THIS JOB" button and attach your resume along with a covering letter which must clearly address the points outlined above.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in Australia as either a citizen or under a permanent resident visa and be able to attend and successfully pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol pathology screening. Skytrans is committed to equal opportunity employment through fair recruitment practices.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in Human Resources (HR)?
- How many years of recruitment experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?