People & Culture Consultant
Advertiser: TAL3.0175 out of 53.0 overall rating (57 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jun 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Industrial & Employee Relations
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about.
TAL needs people who represent our diverse Australian community. People who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community. People who are passionate about making the most of the choices and options we provide. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart.
About the Opportunity
This role has specific focus on supporting leaders across all business units in the planning for and delivery of under and poor performance action plans and managing any subsequent ER/IR matters. This role will also seek to deliver process improvements in the performance processes and provide insights into root causes for under and poor performance at TAL.
As a member of the People & Culture team, you will provide advice and support to TAL People Leaders on a broad range of people related initiatives and activities in support of the operational management organisational development of the TAL business units. You will be engaged to support a business unit directly under the direction of a P&C Business Partner.
You will also lead and manage projects and recurring operational activities including organisational change, process improvement, management reporting & insights.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Planning for and ensuring delivery of performance action plans for all those identified through end of year and mid year performance reviews
- Developing consistent practices, processes, tools for the management of under-performance and poor performance
- Conducting and support formal investigations including taking minutes and documentation, preparing reports and recommendations.
- Providing insights to Business Partners related to leader capability and root causes for performance issues
- Supporting the resolution of any subsequent ER/IR actions resulting from performance planning
- Supporting existing ER/IR cases as required
- Providing people advisory support and consultancy to People Leaders around the range of human resource “lifecycle” activities (eg. retention, promotion, job design, employee development, pay and benefits, resourcing, workers compensation etc.).
- Providing support to the P&C Business Partners through taking ownership, as required, of specific activities relating to organisational changes, such as planning, co-ordination and document preparation, attending and supporting consultation and outcome meetings.
- Providing complex P&C policy interpretation and advice on employment related legislation to the wider business and P&C Service Desk.
- Leading, owning and supporting P&C projects.
- Deputising for P&C Business Partners (i.e. project meetings and/or leadership team meetings).
- Delivering management reports to BPs and People Leaders that provide insights in support of robust operational management
- Facilitating manager forums, training events and other meetings to a diverse audience as required
- Supporting People Leaders in the design and delivery of return to work plans for returning employees including the delivery of appropriate documentation to WHS Manager and any required external bodies.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to support leaders in delivery of performance action plans that result in resolution of performance issues
- Demonstrated ability to provide insights from a range of people related metrics and use insights to recommend action
- Demonstrated ability to own and manage complex ER/IR cases through relevant P&C processes and employment legislation.
- Strong knowledge and ability to interpret including but not limited to, the Fair Work Act 2009, National Employment Standards, Modern Awards and Enterprise Agreements.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Demonstrated ability to own, manage and support projects.
- Continuous improvement mindset approach to managing projects & processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work within an agile and fast-paced environment whilst navigating through ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and commitment to delivering results.
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to manage own time and deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills to articulate technical issues with stakeholders.
- Sound facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong ability to engage and influence stakeholders.
- Solid knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint and experience working with an HRIS, such as Workday.
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We want our employees to work in ways that suits their life and the nature of their role, so they feel able to meet their work life commitments and support their wellbeing. Everyone’s welcome to work for us – regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with.
We know it’s the people we work with and experiences we share that make work meaningful and fulfilling, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
You don’t have to be an artist, adventurer, doer or dreamer, but it really helps.
If you would like to apply or refer a friend please click on the relevant button below and follow the instructions. Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact email@example.com