Information Technology Support Officer
Advertiser: Roberts & MorrowMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jun 2020
- Tamworth & North West NSW
- $70,000 - $89,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Roberts and Morrow Technology (RMT) are looking for an experienced IT Support (Level 3) to join our thriving and progressive business. RMT currently support over 4000 desktops and servers across Australia, with networks ranging in size from 5 to over 200 users.
Ideally the successful candidate will be based in our office in Armidale, NSW. Armidale is a city in the Northern Tablelands, New South Wales, Australia. It is approximately halfway between Sydney and Brisbane at the junction of the New England Highway and Waterfall Way.
About the role:
IT Support (Level 3) is responsible for:
- Providing level 3 help desk support to internal and external clients - phone and face to face, at a high level.
- Logging, maintaining and completing level 3 jobs via the internal help desk system.
- Troubleshooting user desktop and equipment related problems using the phone and remote access tools (eg: Teamviewer).
- Identify network, security, software and hardware problems when reported.
- Escalating problems to higher level support as required.
- Work closely with the project team as required to develop long term projects.
- Assist other IT Support staff in their duties as required.
- Administration of users/groups etc. in Active Directory as required.
- Administration of business computer networks.
- Provision of business computer and network security and protection.
- Preparation and deployment of new equipment.
- Equipment preparation, maintenance and repair.
- System security and virus protection.
- Completed an IT qualification at Certificate III level or above AND/OR recent IT support desk and/or network administration experience of 3 years or more.
- High level understanding of basic IT principles across Network, Server and Desktop environments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems (Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, R2, Windows 10).
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft desktop applications, and Telstra offerings.
- Microsoft certification (MTA, MCSA, MCSE, MCSD) desirable.
- Experience in the use of Connectwise and SolarWinds Central preferred.
- Australian citizen or permanent resident.
To apply for this position please complete an application letter, response to selection criteria, and send these, along with your Resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- How many years' experience do you have in the IT industry?