Advertiser: Murdoch Childrens Research Institute4.6667 out of 54.7 overall rating (18 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jun 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $90,206 -$100,513pa + super + salary packaging
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Clinical/Medical Research
Who Are We?
At MCRI we share a powerful vision; to re-imagine the future of child health. We are the home to many life-changing scientific discoveries. We believe that no question is too impossible to try and answer. We are renowned for our cutting edge focus on early interventions, improved diagnosis, prevention and development of potential cures. Our success is founded on a philosophy of collaboration through a multi-disciplinary approach to solving the toughest questions in child health.
MCRI is a proud member of the Australian Network on Disability. We are committed to creating a positive working environment which values all backgrounds and experiences. We strive to foster an inclusive culture that is underpinned by equal opportunity for all and a culture based on respect, consideration and dignity. Don’t take our word for it, check what our employees are saying!
We are looking for a highly motivated (Post-doctoral Scientist) to join the Heart Regeneration group.
A key part of your role will see you working on the molecular mechanisms underlying congenital heart disease. As our new Research Officer you will work on projects using induced pluripotent stem cell models to investigate these molecular mechanisms while designing and conduct independent research experiments to prepare results for publication.
This role will see you liasing with a variety of stakeholders therefore, it is imperative that you have excellent communication and engagement skills to build and foster relationships.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have experience working with tissue culture and cardiovascular biology, project management, microscopy and sound research skills.
You are ready to make a difference in your new role and contribute to positively impacting children’s health.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Independently culture and differentiate human induced pluripotent stem cells to cardiovascular lineages
- Working with senior researchers to develop protocols for advanced cellular phenotyping
- Collection of high quality data and data analysis.
- Contributing to the preparation of research proposal submissions to internal and external funding agencies.
- Preparation of manuscripts and makes contributions to external journal and grant reviews
- Making significant and/or independent contributions to grant submissions and publications including lead authorship
- Relevant PhD/Doctoral qualification
- Potential to be competitive for own funding
- Building a reputation at a National level as an outstanding researcher and is working towards building an international reputation
- Track record in research leadership and/or knowledge translation including publications and/or patents
- Evidence of high quality research outputs and impact as evidenced by publication records (including first author publications), conference attendance and participation
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Advanced communication, presentation and writing skills
- Evidence of an ability to lead and mentor employees in order to foster a positive scientific research culture (relative to opportunity)
- Education and supervision of future researchers and successful higher degree student completions (relative to opportunity)
- 12 month contract
- Salary Range $90,206 -$100,513pa + super + salary packaging
- On-site facilities include: car parking, childcare, Employee Assistance Program, mindfulness, gym, and bike storage… to highlight a few
Indeed Website Please Note ALL Applications must come via MCRI Careers only. Direct applications via email do not apply. www.mcri.edu.au/careers
For a full list of responsibilities and the key selection criteria download the position description.
Only applicants who address the key selection criteria will be considered. In one document please place your cover letter, key selection criteria, and resume. Applications will only be considered when submitted via the MCRI website.
For specific questions not answered in the PD please contact Dr David Elliot
Existing MCRI and VCGS staff (excluding Unpaid non-managers and non Graduate Research Students) are required to apply through the MCRI internal site only. Navigate to Nucleus--> Talent Management--> Careers to submit the application.
Click apply to proceed with your application.
Closing Date: 20 July 2020
Position Reference: 20914
MCRI is a proud member of the Australian Network on Disability. Should you require any specific support or adjustments please talk to us and we will be happy to accommodate.
Please note: Applications via recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position