Roster and Database Co-ordinator
Advertiser: St Michaels Association3.5 out of 53.5 overall rating (6 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jun 2020
- Launceston & North East
- $60,000 - $64,999 plus super and Salary Packaging
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
St Michaels Association Inc. is a not for profit organisation that has been providing support and accommodation services to Tasmanians living with an intellectual and or physical disability for over 50 years.
We are looking for suitably qualified, dynamic and energetic operator that can work directly with our team in providing exceptional rostering, database and information support.
KEY TASKS AND DUTIES
The position is responsible for roster co-ordination across multiple programs, filling shifts and collating time sheets for all St Michaels staff, in addition to maintenance and administration of information databases.
- Roster co-ordination across multiple programs, filling shifts and collating time sheets for St Michaels staff
- Creation and maintenance of all Master Rosters ensuring all staffing information is accurate and up to date using Excel
- Creation and maintenance of fortnightly rosters ensuring all staffing information is accurate and up to date
- Coordination of rolling fortnightly rosters, shift swaps and staff changes which are to be updated on a daily basis. All shifts filled in a timely manner and timesheets checked
- Hours worked are monitored to ensure staff are not working over 76 hours a fortnight, and casuals are receiving regular hours
- Co-ordinate buddy shifts for new staff, liaising with the Employee Engagement Manager, State Manager Disability Services and or the Disability Services Business Manager– Operations and program team leaders.
- Under general supervision from the Corporate Services Manager to utilise knowledge of policies and procedures and legislative requirements to provide recommendations to internal stakeholders on rostering rules
- Exercise a high level of interpersonal skills in dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous experience working in payroll or rostering services
- High level of time management skills and abilities to prioritise work
- Previous experience working in the Disability Industry (preferred but not essential)
- Previous experience and understanding of Human Resource management
Level of expertise
- Analytical skills with the ability to manipulate and analyse raw date and present the analysis in an appropriate manner.
- Proven ability to manage work load in order to achieve business outcomes
- Problem solving skills, written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to effectively use IT systems (Microsoft Excel) and applications
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships using communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adapting to and leading change - seeks opportunities to transform the business by supporting others through the change process.
- Commercial thinking – practically applies technical/functional expertise and challenges the status quo in contributing to business success.
- Delivering results – drives and delivers performance against set goals.
- Emulating values – demonstrates through behaviour, an alignment to and understanding of St Michaels values and the criticality of those values to St Michaels ongoing success
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- An appropriate certificate relevant to the work required to be performed
- Intermediate or above Microsoft Excel and basic macro understanding
- Will have attained previous experience in a relevant industry, service or an equivalent level of expertise and experience to undertake the range of activities required
- Appropriate on-the-job training and relevant experience
- Rod Campbell
- State Manager Disability Services
- Email: Rod.Campbell@stmichaels.asn.au
- Telephone: (03) 6331 7651
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.