Advertiser: Hunter Region Working Women's GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jun 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
About the business
Hunter Region Working Women’s Group (HRWWG) is a registered charity and not-for-profit organisation, operating in the Hunter Region since 1974. HRWWG is the governing body for its two community based services, Hunter Early Childhood Centre and Hunter Women’s Centre. Hunter Region Working Women’s Group is a women centred organisation and is exempt under the Sex Discriminations Act 1984.
Hunter Early Childhood Centre is a high quality early childhood education and care service, initially established to provide much needed care for families in the community. HECC is a thriving early learning service, founded on the values of respect, inclusion and play based education. HECC strives for excellence in its service operations and employs a range of highly experienced and dedicated educators, inspiring children to develop and engage within a safe and secure environment.
Hunter Women’s Centre is an organisation providing services to improve the health and well-being of the women in the Hunter. The centre is run by women for women and prioritises services for women who are marginalised, experiencing disadvantage or having difficulty in accessing services elsewhere.
About the role
We are a small, community service organisation looking for a team player on a part-time basis who is eager to contribute to the growth of the organisation and the service of our community. As Finance Officer you will oversee the financial management of our organisation and provide executive administration support for the HRWWG. The role is responsible for short and long range financial cash flow forecasting, financial and asset management alongside regulatory and legislative financial compliance. Working alongside the HRWWG Managers, the Finance Officer will provide high level administrative and financial support to the Board of Management.
Benefits and perks
What we can offer you!
- Access to salary packaging to maximise your income
- Autonomy and independence within your role
- Flexible working conditions
- Supportive and respectful management and governance team
- A central Mayfield location
Skills and experience
We are looking for someone who embodies the following attributes:
- Qualifications in financial management or equivalent
- Minimum 3years’ experience in similar role
- Working with Children Check
- XERO knowledge and experience
- Strong Windows Office knowledge
- Ability to work unsupervised and within a team
- High level of accuracy
- Organised and able to prioritise tasks
- Ability to maintain and meet appropriate deadlines
- Strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills
- Strong reconciliation skills
If you have the above qualities and are looking for a long term role, where you can support your local community, we’d love to hear from you!
Applications close Friday 3rd July at close of business 5pm. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview invitation from Monday 6th July.
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- Have you completed a qualification in accounting?
- Do you have experience working in the not-for-profit sector?