Accounts Assistant (Readvertised)
Advertiser: Hume Building ProductsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jun 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Payable
Hume has proven to be one of the fastest growing suppliers in building materials since its founding in 2002. We are a company valuing continued growth and innovative thinking and we are in a constant pursuit of bettering the customer experience.
Employing 200+ full time employees across 9 locations in NSW and VIC, we are a business centred on the wellbeing and growth of our people. Join us in the building and construction industry in the capacity of a full time Accounts Assistant (with a focus on AP) where you would grow with this progressing company.
- Onsite parking
- Brand new modern office premises
- Hume branded uniforms
- Warm supportive culture
- Team member discount
- Fresh fruit boxes for staff to enjoy
The Accounts Assistant role provides overall support to the business’s Finance function. With a focus on AP duties, this is a rare opportunity to learn about and work in a building materials business within a well-developed Finance team. We have processes and systems in place to streamline our work and drive the business forward, and your contribution would have a direct impact on the company’s cashflow.
- Processing supplier invoices with payments made within terms
- Preparation of supplier payment runs
- Reconciling supplier statements to identify missing invoices
- Investigating differences between PO and invoices, and other pending issues
- Forecasting of projected payments
- Answering/replying telephone/email inquiry from suppliers and internal staff
- Verifying non-stock purchase requisitions
- Preparing POs and obtaining approvals from relevant managers
- Monitoring expenses against budget and analysing and reporting on variances
- Preparing management and financial reports
- Assisting in external auditing process
- Reconciling general ledger accounts
- Identifying and reporting any potential fraud risk and fraudulent activities
- Other general accounting and administrative duties
What you can bring
- Minimum 2 years Accounts Payable functions and strong experience in financial transactions and controls
- Experience within a high-volume Accounts environment
- Exposure to FMCG or building materials sector (advantageous)
- Exemplary communication and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands simultaneously
- A verifiable tertiary education in Accounting, Commerce, Economics or Finance
Weekdays: 8.00am to 5.00pm
This position requires full time hours working alongside a team of certified Accountants and is led by a high capability Finance Manager. If it sounds like the right position for you, please click APPLY. Applications close COB Friday 10th July 2020.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates.
Recruitment agencies – please respect that this role is being managed by the internal Hume Recruitment Team.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of accounts payable experience do you have?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- What's your expected annual base salary?