Advertiser: Surf Life Saving Western AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jun 2020
- Perth, Northern Suburbs & Joondalup
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Receptionists
Surf Life Saving Western Australia (SLSWA) is a volunteer based not-for-profit community service organisation and the key agency for beach safety in WA through the provision of essential educational and emergency rescue service to users of West Australian beaches.
An opportunity is available at Surf Life Saving Western Australia (SLSWA) to join the team as the Receptionist.
The Receptionist works within the Chief Executive Officer’s office and reports directly to the Executive Assistant. The Receptionist is responsible for providing phone reception and administrative support to key staff.
Key Duties Include:
- Responsible for being first point of contact in welcoming and greeting visitors in person and over the telephone
- Acting as triage for all incoming calls and directing to appropriate department.
- Address general telephone, email and counter enquiries
- Overseeing daily management of outgoing and incoming mail
- Manage internal and external training room hire booking enquires. Duties will include scheduling of bookings, organise room setup and tidiness after use.
- General housekeeping of reception, training/meeting rooms and kitchen area
- Ordering of office supplies and stationery
- Minute taking of staff meetings
- Provide high-level administrative support to key staff
- General administrative duties as directed by the Executive Assistant
Experience and Skills
- Exceptional telephone and customer service skills
- Punctual and well presented
- Knowledge of customer service and administration practices
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suits
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with an aptitude to prioritise and work on multiple task
- Excellent work ethic and self-motivated to work under pressure
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team
- Ability to work out of hours on occasions
The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for all enquires and will need to be immaculately presented with excellent communication and customer service skills.
SLSWA is an equal opportunity employer with commitment to safeguarding children and young people. All candidates will be required to undertake a working with children check
Please ensure you refer to the position description before applying to ensure you meet the experience, and skills criteria.
For more information, view the full position description at http://mybeach.com.au/employment.
PBI salary packaging benefits are available and will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Principle location: 7 Delawney Street Balcatta WA 6021
Click on APPLY FOR THIS JOB to submit your application. Application should include a cover letter summarising experience to date and current resume.
Applications close 5pm (WST) Friday 17 July 2020
*Please note: Short listing will commence immediately. Only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted if short listed.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a receptionist?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.