AOD Case Worker
Advertiser: Council for Aboriginal Alcohol Services CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jun 2020
- $65,000 - $69,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
- Permanent full time
The person we are looking for must be devoted, warm, authentic, passionate and be an inspiration to the people in their care. If this is you, and if you can communicate effectively with Aboriginal people, understand their culture, values and lifestyles. Then you are the person we are looking for!
You will provide education, treatment and support for people with substance use issues using a strength based approach.
With a strong client centric focus, you will provide counselling and work alongside people to achieve results in their recovery plans. You will also: -
- Develop and facilitate group sessions for our clients and the wider community
- Maintain appropriate case files and monitor progress of our clients.
- Arrange appropriate referrals for clients to other services as required.
- Work closely with other providers of related services to develop and maintain referral pathways
- Have a proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Requirements for Success:
- Certificate IV in AOD - essential
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated work experience in the AOD sector
- Strong case management and/or counselling experience.
- Proven ability to build strong, professional client relationships and community networks
- Understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and communities – previous experience working within remote or regional groups would be beneficial
- Demonstrated group work and group facilitation skills.
Why work for the CAAPS?
- You are committed to the health and wellbeing of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander peoples
- You will receive immense job satisfaction working for a values-based organisation.
- Work in a family friendly and supportive work environment
- Receive training and mentoring with the opportunity to improve and learn new skills.
- Take advantage of Salary Packaging Benefits that increases your take home pay!
- Receive 6 weeks annual leave!
For a detailed job description visit www.caaps.org.au Please click APPLY NOW and include your resume and 1 page cover letter.
Applications close: 19 July 2020
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have experience working with young people with complex needs?