Advertiser: Murdoch Childrens Research Institute4.6667 out of 54.7 overall rating (18 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jun 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $74,070- $90,206pa + super + salary packaging
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Clinical/Medical Research
Who Are We?
At MCRI we share a powerful vision; to re-imagine the future of child health. We are the home to many life-changing scientific discoveries. We believe that no question is too impossible to try and answer. We are renowned for our cutting edge focus on early interventions, improved diagnosis, prevention and development of potential cures. Our success is founded on a philosophy of collaboration through a multi-disciplinary approach to solving the toughest questions in child health.
MCRI is a proud member of the Australian Network on Disability. We are committed to creating a positive working environment which values all backgrounds and experiences. We strive to foster an inclusive culture that is underpinned by equal opportunity for all and a culture based on respect, consideration and dignity. Don’t take our word for it, check what our employees are saying!
We are looking for Research Assistant to join the Heart Regeneration team.
A key part of your role will see you working on projects related to the generation of heart cells from differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells. The projects involve the exploration of culture conditions that lead to the optimal formation of heart cells, with the key goals of modelling normal heart development, heart diseases and ultimately developing cardiac regeneration clinical therapies.
As our Research Assistant you will work on culture and differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells, analysis, cell sorting and gene expression studies and updating and maintaining inventories and data records.
You have excellent communication and engagement skills and have the proven ability to foster relationships as this role will see you liaises with your team, the wider MCRI organisation and a variety of stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you have previous experience as a research assistant in the Not-For-Profit space and you and are ready to make a positive impact in your team as well as children’s lives.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Caring for cell culture experiments and reprogramming
- Working to ensure the smooth running of the Heart Regeneration Laboratory
- Assisting with organisation of stocks and reagents
- Assisting and contributes to data generation for research and publications
- Working to improve skill base in research productivity and methodology
- Assisting in high calibre, competitive research
- Degree/Honours/Masters qualification in Science or related discipline
- Appropriate level of expertise gained from a combination of experience, training or professional accreditation
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent time management, organisational and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including spreadsheets, database programs, and word processing
- Demonstrated understanding of a range of research methodologies and their application in empirical research
- 12 month contract
- Salary Range $74,070- $90,206pa + super + salary packaging
- On-site facilities include:, childcare, Employee Assistance Program, mindfulness, gym, and bike storage… to highlight a few
Indeed Website Please Note ALL Applications must come via MCRI Careers only. Direct applications via email do not apply. www.mcri.edu.au/careers
For a full list of responsibilities and the key selection criteria download the position description.
Only applicants who address the key selection criteria will be considered. In one document please place your cover letter, key selection criteria, and resume. Applications will only be considered when submitted via the MCRI website.
For specific questions not answered in the PD please contact Dr David Elliot
Existing MCRI and VCGS staff (excluding Unpaid non-managers and non Graduate Research Students) are required to apply through the MCRI internal site only. Navigate to Nucleus--> Talent Management--> Careers to submit the application.
Click apply to proceed with your application.
Closing Date: 20 July 2020
Position Reference: 21055
MCRI is a proud member of the Australian Network on Disability. Should you require any specific support or adjustments please talk to us and we will be happy to accommodate.
Please note: Applications via recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position