Senior Farm Hand
Advertiser: Davis Ag Group Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jun 2020
- Mackay & Coalfields
- $60,000 - $74,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Labour
Orana Agriculture is a privately-owned company operating a diverse farming enterprise over a total of 16,100ha across Victoria, NSW, and QLD. Our operation comprises a mix of conventional, certified sustainable, and organic programs.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, we have 2 positions available for energetic, self-motivated people with the ability to work alone at times on our Central Queensland property located 18km from Dysart which comprises 10,900ha of both dry land cropping and cattle grazing.
Duties include, but will not be limited to:
- Tractor and Self-propelled Spray Sprayer operation
- All facets of cropping
- Contribute to the Development and Maintenance of Property
- General Farm Duties
The successful applicant will ideally demonstrate:
- Previous experience in dryland broadacre cropping, including the operation, maintenance and management of necessary equipment and implements
- Be mechanically minded and have experience with GPS Guidance Systems
- Be reputable, reliable, respectful and able to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Must be prepared to work long hours in peak periods
- Neat and tidy in appearance
- Current Drivers Licence – Mandatory (HC license preferred)
- Current Chemical Accreditation Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Commensurate with experience
Applications complete with the resume should be sent to:
Manager - HSE
Inquiries to be directed to Nathan Brooks 0490 337 425
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?