Consultant - Economic Policy and Analytics
Advertiser: PracsysMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jun 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Other
An exciting new opportunity has become available to join our Perth team. We are looking for someone with a passion for economic analysis and problem-solving, who has a desire to work across a range of government and industry sectors. The successful applicant will work as part of a close-knit team across a variety of economic, policy, infrastructure, regional and place-making projects.
Pracsys is a multi-disciplinary urban economics and strategy consulting firm that provides advice to some of the largest private and public sector organisations across Australia. Some examples of the exciting fields we work in include:
- Transformational planning and urban development projects that advance the growth of cities and regions within Australia;
- Economic development, where we assist government clients in facilitating and evaluating economic and employment growth in regions, cities and localities; industry development, land development and economic activation;
- Business cases and infrastructure investment analysis for a range of major projects including transport, arts and cultural, and sporting infrastructure, having secured over $2 billion in funding for our clients in the past five years;
- Economic and social impact assessments to quantify the positive impact of arts, sport and recreation, place improvement, and environmental initiatives.
We are a close-knit team that works together to solve unique and challenging problems that shape our collective future. Our people are our greatest asset. The right candidate will receive support and training as they adjust to the role. There is a strong focus on growth with both formal and informal development opportunities available.
You will be responsible for critically analysing problems, planning and conducting research using quantitative and qualitative methods, such as literature review, ABS Census, household surveys, stakeholder consultation and others to determine the most suitable evidence base. You will be analysing materials and drafting and editing reports with an emphasis on a clear and engaging presentation of results and advice.
You will work collaboratively with senior and principal consultants to deliver evidence-based solutions that address our clients’ problems and objectives, with the opportunity to communicate the results of your work directly to clients. You will also provide support in proposal preparation, and business growth and development.
Is This Role for Me?
We are seeking candidates with:
- Tertiary qualifications in economics, commerce, statistics, engineering or related disciplines;
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an analytical and strategic mindset;
- The ability to understand complex information, think critically and develop structured arguments;
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with experience preparing a range of documents and reports;
- Strong initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- The ability to present information or data in a visually appealing way using Microsoft Office or other tools;
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
- Experience in building positive relationships with a range of different stakeholders;
- Self-starter with a passion for making a real difference;
- Relevant experience in economic analysis and consultation is desirable.
Please submit your resume and covering letter addressing these criteria. We look forward to reviewing your application.
For more information about Pracsys please visit www.pracsys.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?