EOI FIFO Trade Assistant - Indigenous and female applicants encouraged
Advertiser: Epiroc AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jun 2020
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Operations
Epiroc stands for innovation, commitment and collaboration, which is the speed to market & industry leadership; the passion to help customers succeed and a close partnership for deep understanding of the needs. We aim to be our customers' first choice.
Our Tools and Attachment team is looking for adaptable and dynamic Trade Assistants with drill, nipper or underground experience to join our team in Iron Bridge.
Responsibilities of this role consists of but are not limited to the below:
- Conduct daily stocktakes of drilling consumables in underground environment
- Daily replenishment of drill rig stock levels as preset.
- Manage & control inventory levels
- Attend daily (PSI) pre shift meetings with client
- Liaise with client to understand upcoming drilling operations requirements
- Send off daily shift reports from UG service run
- General and basic maintenance of grinding machines
- Forklift operation
- Refurbish bits and accessories in accordance with established procedures and within allowable tolerances
- Record and report all instances of comment or complaint by drilling personnel, especially in relation to alleged consumable fault or premature failure
- Assist the Contract Supervisor in investigating all reported instances of alleged consumable fault or premature failure
- Perform all duties and functions on the mine site in accordance with the highest standards of workplace safety, work practices and site-specific instructions and requirements
- Visit underground mining operations sites, as required, and inspect, check and verify quantities of drilling consumables on each machine
- Remove blunt, damaged or worn consumable items from the machine and record the quantities removed on the 'Daily Consumable Report'
- Complete the 'Daily Consumable Report' for each item of drilling equipment checked and submit to the Contract Supervisor for verification and recording
- Forklift ticket
- Tablet/PC/email/copier skills
- Manual Drivers license
- Experience in a similar role
- Industry experience
- Drilling operational and or product knowledge
- must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test
Country and city description
Iron Bridge, WA - 145 km from Port Hedland
Epiroc are an equal opportunity employer and encourage women and people from culturally diverse, Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to apply.