Advertiser: SCHWING AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jun 2020
- Gosford & Central Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Who We Are
SCHWING AUSTRALIA is the exclusive Sales, Service and Spare Parts representative of the German-based SCHWING Stetter Group for Australia and New Zealand.
SCHWING is the world’s premier Concrete Construction Equipment manufacturer. As the industry pioneer, SCHWING has led the way with technical innovations for 85 years, and remains the industry benchmark for engineering excellence.
What We Stand For
SCHWING AUSTRALIA is an agile, fast paced team that gets things done… right. We’re serious about delivering a standard of Technical Service that reflects the world leading quality of our equipment.
We are down-to-earth people; like our customers, and we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service and support not only to current and late model SCHWING equipment, but also to the many owners and operators of older SCHWING gear. We recognise that when you build ROCK SOLID machinery to last, as SCHWING does, the service and support needs to be just as strong and reliable.
Our experienced Technical Service team are fully trained and certified by SCHWING Germany to perform factory approved works including hydraulic, mechanical and electrical maintenance, as well as structural welding to the entire range of SCHWING equipment. We are the only authorised repairer of Teletec and Scanreco remote control systems in the region.
The Opportunity for You
We are rolling out plans to enhance our Technical Service operation around Australia and New Zealand, so we’re searching for a new team member who will leverage their tertiary engineering qualifications and 10+ year track record of relevant industry experience to:
• Rapidly acquire detailed SCHWING product knowledge and experience in order to achieve Competent Person status (AS2550.15) for the performance of periodic inspections and to provide supervision for all major inspections and strip-downs. We will assist by providing SCHWING Factory training to this end,
• Demonstrate excellent mechanical engineering savvy in providing expert equipment advice and technical support to customers and internal stakeholders,
• Work closely with and provide guidance to our Service Technicians and diverse client base across the range of mechanical fitting and service activities on new and used SCHWING Stetter equipment,
• Collaborate with local and global technical teams, utilising your technical engineering, design and project management capabilities, to deliver timely and commercially viable project solutions,
• Provide internal and external customers with excellent technical support and troubleshooting capabilities, utilising technical documentation, schematics, and your extensive experience with hydraulic components, circuitry, and 24V electrical systems on specialist industrial plant,
• Maintain SCHWING’s commitment to providing market leading Technical Services by delivering the highest degree of expert advice and support, excellent attention to detail and outstanding customer service, consistent with the renowned quality of our brand.
What You’ll Need to be Successful
• A minimum qualification level of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering; demonstrating ongoing education and 10 years’ experience in the fields of Fluid Power and Mechanical Metallurgy,
• Strong acumen for troubleshooting complex hydraulically controlled plant; incorporating hydraulic pumps, cylinders, motors, solenoid valves, directional control valves, filtration and cooling systems and accumulators. Experience with plant electrical systems and/or electronic control systems is highly regarded,
• Effective in the use of hydraulic and electrical schematics to accurately identify root cause faults and communicate effective field solutions to remote customers,
• Working knowledge in mechanical design and CAD software,
• Embrace WHS compliance and safe work methods and have a strong commitment to upholding company safety policies and protocols,
• A proven ability to work in an efficient and effective manner, utilising your strong planning and interpersonal skills, whether in a cooperative team environment or working independently, fulfilling company job reporting and compliance documentation requirements,
• Be a reliable self-starter, committed to the ongoing development of your professional skills, willing to give and receive constructive feedback, who takes pride in their work,
• Engage positively with internal and external customers, using your “can do” attitude to get the right things done and to get things done right.
The successful applicant will be rewarded well for the value they deliver to our team.
Please click “Apply” and attach your confidential application outlining your suitability for the position along with your resume, OR forward in writing, to:
SCHWING Australia Pty Ltd
77 Avoca Drive
Green Point NSW 2251
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?