Advertiser: Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors3.4444 out of 53.4 overall rating (9 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jun 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
The Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors is a Registered Training Organisation specialising in the delivery of external education programs in counselling, community services and life coaching. Students enjoy a unique and personalised learning experience studying through external learning.
About the role:
The Institute's Head Office in Fortitude Valley, QLD requires an Assistant Accountant to join their team. Reporting to the Company Accountant, the role is responsible for performing various financial and administration functions throughout the company and associated entities.
This is a permanent full-time position with 6 months’ probation period. The normal work hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The role is responsible for performing (but not limited to) the following tasks:
- Bank Reconciliations for various entities within the Group
- General Ledger Reconciliations, accruals and journal processing
- Fortnightly Payroll Processing
- Administration of Employee Superannuation Payments
- Lodgement of Monthly Payroll Tax Returns
- Respond to payroll related queries as required
- Preparation of Monthly and Year End Management Reports and any ad hoc reporting
- Preparation of BAS/IAS data
- Inventory management
Skills and Experience:
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Demonstrated experience in the use of accounting software is required (Reckon/QuickBooks Online desirable);
- Experience in use of Microsoft Suite. Advanced level Excel skills are essential;
- Degree qualification in Accounting is required;
- Demonstrated experience in accounting related role;
- High attention to detail;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as autonomously;
- A positive disposition, ability to prioritise and good time management skills are essential.
We have a strong student-centric, values-driven culture based on the guiding principle: “Empowering people to help others”. The overall purpose of our organisation is for our graduates’, through their own work, to positively influence the level of wellbeing and health in our communities. We accept our role in fulfilling this purpose, working with responsibility, passion, expertise and skill. Our teams develop high quality, applicable courses and programs, and provide an exceptional level of education and service to our students. As such, we have a strong focus on creating an accountable, supportive and engaging work environment built on joint purpose, teamwork, and enthusiasm for what we do.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you and you satisfy all essential criteria, we would welcome your application. Please ensure to send your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria by COB Monday, 13th July 2020.
*Applications will be assessed on a first-in basis and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Should you have any questions prior to making application please contact Jenner Rodgers (HR Coordinator) on 07 3112 2000.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- How many years of payroll experience do you have?