COMMERCIAL WINDOW & DOORS/FACADES DRAFTER
Advertiser: Jaden Commercial WindowsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jun 2020
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Carpentry & Cabinet Making
We are a Commercial Window Company based in Tullamarine currently looking for an experienced Commercial Window & Door/Facade Drafter for a full time position within our Company.
- Responsible for drafting Shop Drawings using Autocad System covering all scope of works agreed in the contract.
- Follow up approval of Shop Drawings and material samples from the architects/builders.
- Ordering of aluminium & glass
- Cutting sheets for fabrication
- Coordinate and transfer information to the Project Manager/Production Manger regarding the design and the project extent;
- Responds to builder’s queries and RFI’s as the project progress and proceeds.
- Produce fabrication drawings based from the approved shop drawings and provide fabricators a clear understanding of the product output. Process detailed cut list (frame and glass cut sizes) for fabrication by V6 and Autocad software.
- Obtain quotes from material suppliers (Metal, Glass, Hardware) and compare prices to identify savings without compromising quality and remain code compliant.
- Issue purchase orders in line with specified approved requirements.
- Monitor purchase orders so that deliveries arrive within the builder’s construction program.
- Resolves invoice queries and relay approval to accounts department for payment of suppliers.
- Prepare and draw ITP’s when required for projects.
- Draw As Built drawing when required for Large projects.
- Tertiary qualifications within Design and Drafting
- 5+ years solid experience within a similar role in Windows/Façade design and drafting on all scale projects.
- Knowledge in AS1288 and AS2047 Australian Standards.
- Familiar with local/import standard products/suppliers.
- Proficient in using AutoCAD, V6/ Logikal
- Excellent communication skills to both internal and external departments.
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO email@example.com
- ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.