Assistant Manager - Administation & HousekeepingPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jun 2020
- Wagga Wagga & Riverina
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
Looking for a leader for an award-winning facility in Deniliquin. This is a dynamic position in a progressive and forward-thinking organisation that has at its heart the principles of great customer service delivered by an engaged and pro-active work force.
The Assistant Manager of administration will assist the General Manager, in overseeing all operations of the administration & housekeeping areas. They will need to provide a consistent and clear level of leadership for all staff. It is a fast paced and variable environment that would suit a person who enjoys a challenge and can make decisions when necessary autonomously but who is also able to recognise when collaboration is the correct tool to achieve the desired outcome.
At BIG4 Deniliquin you can expand your Hospitality and Tourism horizons. Experience in the Holiday Park sector is desired but not essential. We are looking for a great leader who has:
- Great Communication Skills
- An ability to drive excellence in Customer experience
- Proven ability to manage teams.
- Strong ability to build relationships with guests and key stakeholders
- Willingness to be a "hands on" and lead by example
- Understanding of the Holiday Park Sector
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Administration Knowledge and Proficiency
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience with Newbook reservation system, desired but not essential.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Become competent in the management of the park.
- Assist the GM to build & develop a strong team that delivers a safe & secure workplace.
- To assist in driving a profitable accommodation service.
- Drive sales both directly & indirectly through phone, repeat clients & online.
- Assist the GM in addressing any shortfalls that arise in expenses, including labour costs.
- Assist GM in rostering as directed.
- Assist GM in recruitment of new staff, providing on the job training & coaching, as required.
- Maintain office procedures that have been set out by the GM & owners.
- Communicate with General Manager regularly to report on any issues in park, as directed.
- Conduct staff communication with direct reports for daily, weekly & monthly meetings. Outlining expectations, issues & wins.
- Be available for afterhours assistance for breakdowns & emergencies.
Carry out & delegate duties to staff. As per below:
- Greet guests on arrival ensuring their first impression is a memorable one.
- Take phone calls for bookings & enquiries, ensuring guests needs can be meet.
- Process bookings and payments.
- Organise for guests to be taken to their site or cabin.
- Follow up prospective customers to make bookings
- Follow up clients for overdue deposits
- Preform daily banking and reconciliation.
- Be informative for guests wanting local tour information’
- Assist with general park functions
- Supervise & assist cleaning staff as required.
- Follow all workplace safety obligations.
We ask that you please do not contact BIG4 Deniliquin directly.
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?