Caretaker/ Grounds PersonPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jun 2020
- Wagga Wagga & Riverina
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Maintenance & Handyperson Services
Looking for a team player in an award-winning facility in Deniliquin, as a Caretaker/ Grounds person. This is an active position that forms part of a cohesive team in a progressive and forward-thinking organisation. That has at its heart the principles of great customer service delivered by an engaged and pro-active work force.
The Caretaker/ Grounds person role will assist the management team, in presenting the park to the highest possible standards. Being able to assist guests & provide a high level of customer service, even after hours is all part of the job. There is a substantial component of maintenance along with the day to day grounds operations. It is a fast paced and variable environment that would suit a person who enjoys a challenge and can demonstrate a fantastic work ethic combined with a significant degree of flexibility. This person would naturally have a drive to provide a great customer experience.
The right applicant will be required to undertake night duties on a rotating roster.
At BIG4 Deniliquin you can expand your Hospitality and Tourism horizons. Experience in the Holiday Park sector is desired but not essential. We are looking for a team player who has:
- Great Communication Skills
- An ability to drive excellence in Customer experience
- Able to assist in supervising a varied group of employees
- An ability to build relationships with guests and key stakeholders
- Willingness to be a "hands on" and lead by example
- Great Maintenance & grounds skills
- Understanding of the Holiday Park Sector
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Administration Knowledge and Proficiency
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience with Newbook reservation system, desired but not essential.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Maintenance of grounds, plant, and equipment.
Be fully conversant with:
- Major shut off valves for water mains and reticulation
- Isolating sequences and switches for gas and electrical supplies
- Repair contractors to contact when required.
- Operations & maintenance of deep sewer and pump stations.
- Training for mandatory staff of all the above and other areas as required.
Maintain grounds ensuring all areas are kept to a high standard. This includes, but not limited to:
- Maintaining lawns and gardens
- Rubbish collection
- Repairs to cabins, amenities blocks, water supply and drains etc.
- Ensure park vehicles and cleaned and maintained weekly.
- Service and maintain all park equipment.
- Service and maintain Pools, waterpark, and other facilities.
- Supervise staff in grounds, as directed.
- Communicate with Assistant Manager & General Manager, regularly to report on any issues in park, as directed.
- Conduct all tasks ensuring they are in line with workplace safety regulations.
- Show clientele to sites and explain parks facilities
- Pass onto management any customers complaints or requests
- Pick up goods from suppliers and run errands in company vehicle as required.
- Assist the management team in delivering a great customer experience.
- Drive excellence throughout the park & provide support to other team members.
- Assist in afterhours requirements for the park, to ensure all guests and facilities are safe to ensure that guests can enjoy themselves in a safe and relaxing environment.
Assist with on call duties including security walks. Rotating roster of 3 to 4 nights per week, in conjunction with Assistant Manager. When on duty, you must remain on site until another staff member arrives the following day. Accommodation will be provided. On call consists of:
- Check clients in and out
- Check ablution blocks for cleanliness and restock as required
- Maintain order within the park.
- Repair breakdowns or call licensed tradesperson as required.
- Security check of the park at curfew time each night when on duty.
We ask that you please do not contact BIG4 Deniliquin directly.
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- Are you available to work public holidays?