Advertiser: Bundaberg Regional Council3.0526 out of 53.1 overall rating (19 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jun 2020
- Bundaberg & Wide Bay Burnett
- $66,417 + super + benefits
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Library Services & Information Management
$66,417 + super +benefits
Community & Environment
Bundaberg Region (Childers Library)
Our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centered on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful, and prides itself on teamwork, leadership, sustainability, and innovation. We’re an all-inclusive Council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About the Opportunity
Your role as a Library Coordinator is to assist in the provision of high-quality library services to the Childers community. You will be responsible for the Library's daily operations and assist in the planning, coordinating, and running of library programs for all ages. In addition to this, you will also provide training in duties and responsibilities to direct report staff, trainees, work experience students, and volunteers.
- Previous experience in operating a small or branch library and/or equivalent experience or expertise to undertake the role
- Ability to manage, motivate and mentor staff and volunteers
- Confident in facilitating children’s programming such as story-time sessions and craft activities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills for direct public contact
- Current knowledge of popular computer/internet programs and devices
- Excellent organisation and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage time appropriately to ensure deadlines are met
- The ability to work independently or in a team, in a professional and positive manner
- Live and uphold the Council's values
What We Offer
- An attractive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- 36.25 hour working week, monthly rostered days off, including long weekends
- Great staff benefits including free car parking and corporate uniforms, discounted health insurance and free financial advice
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance, flexible working arrangements and a friendly and supported team
We offer more: For our full range of benefits Benefits, Rewards and Recognition
About the Region
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
How to Apply
To apply or find out more about the position, please click on the ‘apply now’ button where you will be redirected to our website to answer the questionnaire, followed by attaching your Resume.
Closing Date: Monday 13 July 2020 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.