RTO Trainer and Assessor - Sydney Metro
Advertiser: Aruma3.1509 out of 53.2 overall rating (106 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jun 2020
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Workplace Training & Assessment
Casual 30 - 35 hours per week
Sydney Metro, NSW
At Aruma, we support people with disabilities to live great lives. It's the reason we exist - after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less? And to make this a reality, we rely on the skill and commitment of our Aruma team.
Our Aruma team is an incredible bunch of people. They're bold, brave and courageous. They see possibilities where others may not. They stand up for the things that matter and stand together as a team. And while they're serious about human rights, they have a knack for finding joy in life - even in the most unexpected places.
When you're part of the Aruma team, you're not just supporting people. You're pioneering new paths, challenging assumptions, daring to think differently, and telling society to raise its bar much higher.
We're after people who have values similar to ours, but there's no specific 'mould' you need to fit (after all, we need a team that's as diverse as our customers!).
We are seeking a passionate casual RTO Trainer and Assessor to develop, prepare, deliver, assess and evaluate qualifications to ensure quality training and assessment for students using current and compliant RTO resources.
What success looks like…
- Delivers structured, flexible, relevant and interesting training sessions and assists all learners regardless of level to achieve their training goals
- Facilitates individual and group learning activities (whether online or face to face) to an agreed schedule.
- Provides one-on-one tuition and regular checks on learners ensuring regular progression and completions
- Prepares for, conducts and documents training delivery and assessment procedures using approved training delivery plans.
- Completes and maintains all training records accurately, documents assessment results and submits to the RTO for input into the LMS
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training and assessment activities, in terms of learners using what they learn to improve customer outcomes.
- A commitment to the Code of Conduct of Aruma
- Current Cert IV TAE 40116 is essential and relevant disability sector qualification and experience (Certificate IV in Disability or similar)
- Strong organisational skills, with demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise workload, handle multiple competing tasks and work efficiently and effectively to deadlines.
- Engaging presentation, and high level of interpersonal and written communication skills, including the ability to resolve conflict situations
- Well-developed computer skills particularly Office 365 (including SharePoint, OneDrive for Business and OneNote) and database applications. Demonstrated ability to format documents.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible spread of hours and travel across QLD, NSW, ACT and VIC from time to time
Nice to haves…
- Experience working with people with disabilities and those who support them
- Demonstrated experience in the facilitation of both group and individual learning
- Demonstrated experience in conducting competency assessments and RPL
- Demonstrated capacity to mentor students across a broad geography
- Demonstrated experience designing, delivering and implementing VET training programs aligned to AQTF qualifications
- CHC52015 Diploma in Community Services
- CHC40313 Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention
- CHC33015 Certificate III Individual Support
Be part of this dedicated, collaborative team and make a difference! We offer the benefits of flexibility, a competitive salary, the option of salary packaging up to $15,990 and career development opportunities. Apply Now!
Aruma is a Child Safe Organisation
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.