Advertiser: V/Line3.2727 out of 53.3 overall rating (22 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jun 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Corporate & Commercial Law
- Your journey starts here
- Career and lifestyle
- Free MKYI travel
If you want a corporate career combined with lifestyle then V/Line can take you there. With over 2000 employees, locations throughout Melbourne and Regional Victoria and a true commitment to workplace flexibility, why not have your dream career and the lifestyle you want. We can get you there with free MYKI travel.
Reporting to the Senior Legal Advisor, could you be our next Lawyer?
About the role
- Provision of legal, commercial and contractual advice.
- Drafting and reviewing a wide variety of commercial contracts across the business.
- Provision of general legal advice as required.
- Provision of assistance with legal training, governance, preparation of policies and precedents, conflicts of interest and administrative law matters.
- Bachelor of Law Degree and must be admitted to practise in Victoria.
- Preferably 2-3 years post admission experience with a solid commercial law background.
- Demonstrated sound commercial contractual experience, including drafting and advising on commercial contracts.
- Collegiate outlook and the ability to connect and build strong rapport with stakeholders.
- Superior communication skills coupled with the ability to support and explain legal concepts to people at all levels.
- Self-directed with an ability to work autonomously.
What we can offer
- Workplace flexibility
- Personal Development
- Commitment to culture
- Inclusive environment
- Career opportunities
- Contribute to connecting Victorians
- Free Myki travel
The successful applicant will be paid commensurate with experience. The selection process may include aptitude assessments, a behavioural event interview, probity (police) check and medical check (delete as appropriate).
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply for this Position' below.
V/Line is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we welcome applicants from any background. We value diversity and are continuously working towards creating a flexible and inclusive environment that is representative of the Victorian community.