Research Assistant (BRACE Trial Data Quality)
Advertiser: Murdoch Childrens Research Institute4.6667 out of 54.7 overall rating (18 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jun 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $93,639-$100,513 pro rata+ super +salary packaging
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Clinical/Medical Research
Who Are We?
At MCRI we share a powerful vision; to re-imagine the future of child health. We are the home to many life-changing scientific discoveries. We believe that no question is too impossible to try and answer. We are renowned for our cutting edge focus on early interventions, improved diagnosis, prevention and development of potential cures. Our success is founded on a philosophy of collaboration through a multi-disciplinary approach to solving the toughest questions in child health.
MCRI is a proud member of the Australian Network on Disability. We are committed to creating a positive working environment which values all backgrounds and experiences. We strive to foster an inclusive culture that is underpinned by equal opportunity for all and a culture based on respect, consideration and dignity. Don’t take our word for it, check what our employees are saying!
We are looking for an experienced Research Assistant to join our team in the Infectious Diseases group as part of the BRACE Trial.
The BRACE trial (www.mcri.edu.au/BRACE) is a phase III, two group, multicentre, placebo randomised controlled trial (RCT) that will include over 10,000 healthcare workers globally. It tests whether BCG vaccination reduces the severity and impact of COVID-19. The project is funded by multiple sources, including the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
A key part of your role is to ensure data quality is maintained and updated for the global trial.
This includes Stata cleaning of data, monitoring missing data, and data queries. You will also assisting with preparing reports, troubleshooting with data relating issues and presenting these solutions to the BRACE Data Management team.
You will work to support the BRACE data management team but also support the wider BRACE team, therefore it is essential you have excellent communication and engagement skills.
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience working with clinical trial data maintenance and collection and are also familiar with using data systems such as RedCap and Stata.
You are positive, passionate and are ready to make an impact in your team and also in this study.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conducts ongoing data quality maintenance (including assistance with Stata cleaning of BRACE data and monitoring of missing data and data queries in both REDCap and Stata).
- Prepares reports and presentations to share with the BRACE team and collaborators, as needed.
- Supports the Senior Research Officer in other tasks, as needed.
- Conducts ethical research at the highest level of integrity and in line with the Australian Code for Responsible Conduct of Research and MCRI policies
- Assists and contributes to data generation for research and publications
- Assists and contributes to Grant Applications
- Degree/Honours/Masters qualification in Science or related discipline
- 6+ years of expertise gained from a combination of experience, training or professional accreditation
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent time management, organisational and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills, including spreadsheets, database programs, statistics and word processing.
- Demonstrated experience in Stata and REDCap.
- Demonstrated understanding of a range of research methodologies and their application in empirical research
- Experience in knowledge sharing, development, mentoring and support of employees and students
- Ability to work well as part of the BRACE team on a fast-paced and demanding project.
- 12 month part time (0.6) contract
- Salary Range $ 93,639- $ 100,513 (pro rata)pa + super + salary packaging
- On-site facilities include: childcare, Employee Assistance Program, mindfulness, gym, and bike storage… to highlight a few
Indeed Website Please Note ALL Applications must come via MCRI Careers only. Direct applications via email do not apply. www.mcri.edu.au/careers
For a full list of responsibilities and the key selection criteria download the position description.
Only applicants who address the key selection criteria will be considered. In one document please place your cover letter, key selection criteria, and resume. Applications will only be considered when submitted via the MCRI website.
For specific questions not answered in the PD please contact Dr Ellie McDonald
Existing MCRI and VCGS staff (excluding Unpaid non-managers and non Graduate Research Students) are required to apply through the MCRI internal site only. Navigate to Nucleus--> Talent Management--> Careers to submit the application.
Click apply to proceed with your application.
Closing Date: 14 July 2020
Position Reference: 21173
MCRI is a proud member of the Australian Network on Disability. Should you require any specific support or adjustments please talk to us and we will be happy to accommodate.
Please note: Applications via recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position