Contract Designer/ drafter
Advertiser: Your Asset RenovationsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jun 2020
- Sunshine Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architectural Drafting
Exciting opportunity for a skilled experienced Building designer/ drafter to join our team on a contract basis
The Design and drafting undertaken includes mid to high end Renovation and Extension Projects.
The right candidate will be a like-minded friendly and positive individual with high attention to detail.
Will be committed to fostering strong relationships, quickly becoming part of a close team who cares about their work and supporting each other.
To be successful in this role you must possess the following personal traits and experience:
- Always keep a positive outlook.
- Take ownership.
- Have passion, you do it because you love to.
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- High attention to detail
- You take pride in yourself and your work
- Eager to bring new ideas to business/ processes
- Willingness to learn
In this role, you will be:
- Working directly with our clients to produce design briefs and presenting 3D concepts as part of our sales process.
- Conducting market research to stay abreast of the latest market trends.
- Interpreting ideas and producing 3D concepts from face to face consults with our clients.
- Great at anticipating client needs and wants when it comes to their home design and budget.
- Producing Full Working Drawings from 3D plusspec drawings in layout for Sketchup.
- Providing Custom Designs based off customer requests.
- Designing intricate second storey extensions and have an excellent understanding of the structural implications
To be considered in this role you must:
- Have a demonstrated track record in new home and renovation/ extension drafting, with a portfolio of examples.
- Sales experience is highly regarded.
- Be driven, motivated and pro-active.
- Be able to interact with clients, ensuring our high level of customer satisfaction is being maintained.
- Have high attention to detail when producing detailed working drawings
- Be organised with paperwork and administration duties.
- Be able to meet Drafting deadlines.
- Have a high level of experience producing 3D designs in SketchUp, PlusSpec for Sketchup and detailed 2D drawings in Layout.
- Be willing to demonstrate your proficiency using SketchUp and PlusSpec during the candidate selection process.
The successful candidate will enjoy:
Working in a growing business with exciting plans for growth over the next few years.
Ongoing work with design and drafting projects
- The opportunity to contribute fresh ideas and improve business processes and procedures
- Good contract rates for the right candidate.
Please email your resume to qualify for an interview if you possess the above skills to fulfill this role.
- Have you completed a qualification in building design / building design drafting?
- Do you have experience in a sales role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the Building Code of Australia (BCA)?
- How many years' experience do you have as a draftsperson?