Senior Manager of eCommerce
Advertiser: RSL Queensland3.64 out of 53.6 overall rating (25 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jun 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Management
Now is the perfect time to join RSL Queensland as we look to deliver on our 2025 strategy to create a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and wellbeing services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives.
The driving force behind funding these services is the RSL Art Union Lottery which over the last decade has reached unprecedented growth through market disruption and innovation. We have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
Work amongst leading professionals who are pushing the boundaries in contemporary marketing including the adoption of AI, propensity modelling and a customer experience focus.
About this role
This is a brand new role to RSL and as such has the opportunity to own the strategic development of our eCommerce solution and work with industry leaders to rise to the next level. Beyond this, we'll also be looking to build a team under this role so there's an amazing opportunity to own eCommerce and build an amazing team alongside you.
The Senior Manager of eCommerce is responsible for ensuring that RSL lotteries’ website and mobile app is optimised in a way that delivers the strongest possible commercial outcomes while also providing a best-in-class customer experience. You'll be responsible for:
- The overall commercial performance of the website
- Optimising eCommerce performance
- Ensuring all website content is managed in a way that executes the marketing strategy
- Aligning customers’ experience across digital marketing, website and mobile app in a way that limits cannibalisation across different types of products
- Product ownership for the Lotteries website/s and mobile app, with responsibility for innovating on the mobile app and owning the functionality roadmap
- Collaborating with marketing and analytics via online trend analysis and other research methods to determine a website roadmap
- Optimising the purchase path
- Develop and ensure the distribution of eCommerce performance forecasts and reporting to marketing, lotteries and other key stakeholders.
What we're looking for
- Tertiary Qualifications in business, commerce, management, marketing or a related discipline
- 8+ years of eCommerce experience, specifically related to consumer products and/or subscription models
- Proven experience in achieving targets through a detailed understanding of online business
- Experience in working with a complex CMS solution (Sitecore preferred)
- Digital background with previous work on website development and management
- Highly analytical, proven ability to translate data into actionable insight
- Ability to lead high performing cross-functional teams
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our Benefits Hub. But the benefits that set us apart include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Operate in an Agile test and learn culture – fail fast, learn quick!
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented marketing professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If you'd like more specific detail please reach out to Scott, one of our Talent Acquisition Business Partners. Or apply today to share your interest.