Industry Liaison Officer
Advertiser: Tasmanian Building and Construction Training BoardMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jun 2020
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Management - Vocational
The Tasmanian Building and Construction Industry Training Board (TBCITB) supports training and workforce development in the Tasmanian building and construction industry. The TBCITB promotes quality pathways to employment for students and jobseekers, supports those in employment to develop their skills, obtain industry accreditation and pursue career opportunities, and champions industry-wide initiatives that promote diversity, innovation and advancement in all areas of the construction industry.
We are currently looking for a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic Industry Liaison Officer to join our team and help us contribute to the development of a highly skilled, vibrant and sustainable construction industry in Tasmania.
The Industry Liaison Officer will be responsible for providing a customer-focused service to employers and employees within the Tasmanian construction industry. This is a new role, aiming to build the TBCITB’s profile across industry to facilitate workforce development and training activity.
The successful applicant will be an energetic self-starter who possesses:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with proven capability to liaise, negotiate and collaborate with key stakeholders;
- Self-management skills including the ability to work autonomously, exercise initiative, establish priorities and manage multiple projects and tasks;
- High level computer literacy skills and proficiency in suite of Microsoft office; and
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or working experience of the on-site operations of the building and construction Industry.
The position is permanent part-time, the equivalent of two days per week. The role may require working outside standard office hours and will include regular intrastate travel. Our office is based in Hobart, however we offer flexible working arrangements and use technology to support our work. Applications are invited state-wide.
For further information and/or a copy of the position description, please contact Catherine Burridge on 0447 980 795.
To apply, please send your application, including a cover letter and copy of your current CV to email@example.com Applications close Monday 20th July.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?