Chief Executive Officer
Advertiser: Resourceful ProMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Jul 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, CEO
Jacana Energy is a Northern Territory Government Owned Corporation that was formed in 2014 that is committed to delivering a superior customer experience to all Territorians and retails electricity to more than 85,000 customers across the region. The company has approximately 70 full-time equivalent employees
We are seeking to appoint a Chief Executive Officer to be based in Darwin to drive our strategic direction and to deliver on our company objectives.
To ensure Jacana Energy creates and maintains business value while focused on delivering customer oriented, reliable and cost-effective electricity supply in a contestable market. Supported by the Board, you will drive success in the company objectives across customer and shareholder satisfaction, sustainable financial performance and operational effectiveness whilst positioning the retailer as a provider of choice and a community minded organisation.
- Act as a CEO with honesty and good faith and promote the success of the retailer for the benefit of its stakeholders as a whole.
- Provide leadership with an ongoing focus on developing an innovative, customer centric and commercially astute culture where our corporate values of Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork, Diversity and Employee Well-being are continually promoted.
- Provide the Board and shareholder with regular reporting on business performance, significant matters including matters of likely public and media interest in a timely manner.
- Ensure the effective discharge of governance requirements related to the effective operation of the Board and Board Committees.
- Facilitate cultural change as required across the organisation to ensure achievement of a target culture that supports the organisations objectives.
- Develop and implement strategies to deliver obligations associated with a provider of an essential service recognising vulnerable and disadvantaged customers.
- Establish the entity as a leading influencer of broader industry reform initiatives for the benefit of the entity, customers and shareholders.
- Facilitate and drive change to meet customer/market demands and to continually extract operational efficiencies through improved processes and systems.
- Formulate short, medium and long-term corporate and marketing strategies in conjunction with the Board, Shareholders and the Executive Leadership Team.
- Build the leadership capability of the organisation, including succession planning, to ensure the Executive Leadership Team and broader functional areas are able to support current and future corporate objectives.
- Foster effective relationships with and between Board members, the Executive Leadership Team, shareholders and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that Jacana Energy meets all legal, regulatory, statutory, governance and contractual obligations effectively and that the interests of a wide range of stakeholders are properly considered.
- Implement a robust risk management framework including policies, practices and reporting.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the market, regulatory changes and government policy.
- Contribute to the achievement of renewable energy targets.
- Act as the key spokesperson for the Corporation and manage public, shareholder and other external relationships.
- Comply with the Northern Territory Public Service (NTPS) and Jacana Energy Code of Conduct, NTPS and Jacana Energy policies and procedures as well as other relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Executive presence with strong communication, team building, influencing and presentation skills with the ability to build capability and teamwork across the organisation balancing the ability to delegate with the capacity to operate in a “hands on” leadership role as necessary.
- Sound understanding of the electricity industry including retail and wholesale energy markets with demonstrated capabilities to consistently operate at a strategic level, both from a market and organisational perspective.
- Sound judgement with complex problem solving, leadership and critical reasoning skills.
- Advanced government, stakeholder and community engagement skills.
- Strong knowledge of contemporary customer service, marketing practices and commercial and operational compliance risk management together with highly developed commercial and financial management skills.
- Proven performance at a CEO or executive management level.
- A commitment to providing a high standard of customer service and operating within the values of Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork, Diversity and Employee Wellbeing.
Education & Qualifications
A Bachelor Degree in an appropriate discipline.
Additional relevant management qualifications at a graduate diploma or master degree level will be favourably considered.
An Executive contract of up to 4 years may be offered
The position is based in Darwin.
Applications should be emailed directly to email@example.com
All inquiries and applications will be treated in confidence.
Applications close midnight 14th July 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?