Risk & Safety Assurance Advisor
Advertiser: Metro Trains MelbourneMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Jul 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Health, Safety & Environment
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
We are currently seeking a Risk & Safety Assurance Advisor to join the South Eastern Program Alliance for work on the Level Crossing Removal Project!
This large-scale project will benefit train users, pedestrians, cyclists and drivers by improving safety, reducing congestion and enabling more frequent train services.
About the role:
In this role, you will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of the risk and safety assurance program for Level Crossing Removal projects.
This will include continuously identifying and minimising all forms of risk to reduce MTM’s safety risk exposure and provide assurance to the Alliance management team and MTM, the rail network operator. . In particular the risk advisor will oversee safety assurance deliverables from the Alliance and delivery partners of various projects and ensure they comply with MTM business requirements.
This is an existing full time permanent role, primarily based in Melbourne’s CBD & will also require travel to our Richmond office and our site locations in Melbourne’s South-East. As a Metro employee you will have access to free public transport travel along the network.
• Manage MTM risk and safety assurance requirements for various level crossing removal projects.
• Participate in and facilitate risk workshops and generate risk registers and reports, as required, for all facets of risk.
• Ensure projects’ Risk and Safety Assurance Plans and Reports are adequate, effective, communicated and monitored for compliance.
• Develop and maintain safety risk registers covering all facets of risk; including, safety, financial, operational, commercial, environmental, design and construction, etc as required for a range of Projects.
• Conduct or participate in system safety analyses such as PHA, SHA, OSHA, using techniques such as SWIFT, FMEA or HAZOP, as required.
• Develop, maintain or review validation and verification processes for all safety related items as per the System Safety Assurance procedure.
• Develop and maintain Project Hazard Logs and manage MTM identified items in the project’s Hazard Logs and Safety Risk Register with MTM stakeholders
• Ensure project staff and contractors comply with all legal obligations and Metro processes
• Liaise with relevant MTM peers, stakeholders, RTO’s and regulators
• Liaise regularly with relevant peers, such as Human Factors, Engineering and Design, Operations and Infrastructure.
• Pro-actively ensure project staff and contractors have a working knowledge of the MTM Risk Management and System Safety Assurance processes; including, a sound understanding of the requirements and outputs during the project life cycle.
• Ensure emerging risks and changes in ongoing risks are brought to the attention of Project Managers, Design Managers and SERQ Interface Manager.
• Produce formal written reports relating to risk assessments or system safety assurance, when required.
• Provide assurance to the Alliance Management Team and MTM
• Support projects in MTM change control board (CCB) submissions for approval
Desired Skills & Experience:
• A tertiary qualification in a suitable field is required i.e. Systems Engineering, Risk Management, other engineering disciplines
• Risk Management qualifications are desirable
• Knowledge of ISO31000, EN50126 and AS/NZS 15288 is required
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and consultation expertise
• Strong report writing, analytical ability and critical thinking
• Proven problem solving ability
• Demonstrated experience at senior management level in a construction environment
• Solid knowledge of and experience with computer based management reporting systems
• Relevant experience in risk management, ideally in construction or engineering
• Understanding in end to end cycle of a project
• Ability to motivate and communicate effectively with all personnel throughout the organisation
• Ability to schedule work priorities to ensure strict adherence to deadlines.
Why work for Metro?
• Great Team Culture and Work/Life Balance
• Competitive Salary & Employee Incentives
• Collaborative & supportive team providing opportunities to learn & further career
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your application by COB Friday, 24th July.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.