Advertiser: Metro Trains MelbourneMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Jul 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Other
Are you interested in joining Metro Trains’ Metro Tunnel Team and bringing your wealth of Occupations/ Possessions experience to support the delivery of Victoria’s biggest rail infrastructure project?
If the answer is "yes", keep reading!
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM), is a proud partner in the delivery of major rail infrastructure projects across Melbourne, including the Metro Tunnel Project. The Metro Tunnel Project will deliver more frequent services for passengers by unlocking the City Loop and introducing new technology and infrastructure that will transform our network.
About the project:
The Metro Tunnel Project (MTP) is being delivered in three work packages, with a program level team assisting each package. The three work packages are: Rail Systems Alliance (RSA), Rail Infrastructure Alliance (RIA) and the Tunnels and Stations (T&S) Public Private Partnership. This role will be working as part of the Rail Systems Alliance based at their Bourke Street office but will be working in between different sites depending on the Occupations.
About the role:
You will be responsible for providing effective coordination of all Occupations and associated works in relation to the RSA. The core responsibilities of role will include:
- Assist in the management of the Works Readiness process and ensure that T minus Stage Gates are achieved, including the completion of Works Readiness Checklists and submit them on or ahead of time for each RTO
- Coordinate with each RTO Network Safety and Operations teams to ensure that all Occupations and their subsequent Completion of Works Readiness Checklists as required
- Ensuring the timely submission of Occupations within ARMS as required
- Co-ordinate with Network Safety and Operations to ensure that all Occupations and their subsequent limits are correctly represented and submitted within ARMS
- Manage the preparation and development of Draft Protection Diagrams for endorsement by Network Safety
- Manage and contribute to the preparation and publishing of key Occupation documentation such as Works Guides
- Plan and/or attend Occupation co-ordination meetings across all Project Packages to identify potential synergies
- Convene post-Occupation evaluation meetings (Lessons Learned) in continuing to improve the Planning process and to ensure that any corrective measures are highlighted and implemented
- Liaise with other Rail Transport Operators, where Works are proposed at or across jurisdictional boundaries
The role requires weekend and Public Holiday working onsite to deliver Occupations (usually 1 weekend per fortnight and shuts as required) and a project allowance will be paid to cover these periods.
About your experience:
- Current Track Force Protection Coordinator – Level 3 (TFPC-3) qualifications, Safeworking experience
- Understanding and ability to produce Protection Diagrams
- Experience with the booking and implementation of critical resources across all RTOs
About the opportunity:
This is a fantastic 3-yr max term opportunity to build on the career you’ve developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters. If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspirations then we want to hear from you!
Applications close COB Friday 17th July 2020 but interviews will begin as we start receiving applications.
Why work for Metro?
- Progressive organisation with a ‘One Team, One Metro’ mantra
- Free public transport throughout Victoria
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note that only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.