Head of Membership
Advertiser: RSL Queensland3.64 out of 53.6 overall rating (25 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Jul 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
About RSL Queensland
Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years, and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and wellbeing services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives.
The driving force behind funding these services is the RSL Art Union Lottery which over the last decade has reached unprecedented growth through market disruption and innovation. We have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
About the role
This is a brand new position, created to support the delivery of our 2025 strategy. The Head of Membership reporting to the General Manager for Membership and Network has been created to develop enduring relationships with District and Sub Branches. We are looking for this role to deliver membership growth through effective acquisition and retention strategies, optimise the MVP (Member Value Proposition) and really amplify the voice of the veteran.
This role will rely heavily on previous experience at a strategic level in building and retaining memberships. It will also call on strong stakeholder engagement across all levels, and experience at shaping culture within teams.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in driving culture change and change more broadly
- Extensive experience in developing and strengthening stakeholder engagement through trust
- Demonstrable success in a customer service environment focussed on customer engagement and experience
- Experience in embedding membership/client acquisition and retention initiatives
- Extensive analytical capability to deliver impactful and meaningful reporting
- Experience in building and developing relationships with a range of stakeholders and a demonstrable ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with groups and individuals with diverse needs
- Experience of project management and monitoring and evaluating quality and impact
- Excellent communication skills including written, oral, negotiation and presentation skills
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our Benefits Hub. But the benefits that set us apart include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Operate in an Agile test and learn culture – fail fast, learn quick!
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented marketing professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?