Advertiser: Sideways Surf4 out of 54.0 overall rating (2 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jul 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Retail & Consumer Products, Management - Store
ASSISTANT MANAGER –
SIDEWAYS BROOKVALE (FULL TIME)
Sideways is Australia's largest group of Surf Outlets, stocking hundreds of brands in clothing, wetsuits, footwear, and surf/skate accessories. Sideways designs & produces a range of performance surfboards, skateboards & hardware. For almost 10 years, Sideways has gained a reputation for excellent customer service, a fantastic range of quality discounted products, and a family-focused, welcoming atmosphere.
We are looking for an experienced and mature Assistant Manager with superior retail skills to help manage a high volume store in the Northern Beaches, Sydney.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the store manager with the management, growth and success of our newest store located at Brookvale in the Northern Beaches area of Sydney.
Reporting to the store manager, company directors and head office, our Store Managers are expected to:
- Focus on creating and maintaining an organized, motivated & successful team
- Offer exceptional customer service and a warm & friendly shopping experience
- Assist with stock control and uphold superior visual merchandising standards
- Organize rosters, banking, and delegation of daily tasks
- Assist with the training, development and supervision of the team in-store.
- Act responsibly, in compliance with store's procedures.
- While set rosters are in place, be available to work non-traditional hours; weekends, evenings, holidays
Specific Skills Required:
- MINIMUM 3 years Senior Staff/Management experience in HIGH VOLUME retail customer service
- Confidence, self-motivation and ability to keep the team focused & productive
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident with POS systems, eftpos, email and MS Office suite
- Confident knowledge in surfboards and wetsuits is essential
- Apparel, footwear and skate knowledge also an advantage
- Be fair but firm, maintain a high level of organization within the store.
Sideways team members are supported with induction and product training, timely recognition and rewards, staff discounts, staff events and product allowances.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this exciting role, please email your application letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “BROOKVALE ASSISTANT MANAGER”. Please note that this role is based in the BROOKVALE (SYD 2100) area.
Direct applicants only please, NO Recruitment agencies.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?