Technical Product Manager
Advertiser: Metrohm Australia Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jul 2020
- Sydney, Ryde & Macquarie Park
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
A fantastic opportunity to work for a European leader specialising in cutting edge technology within analytical instrumentation and laboratory equipment to private and public sectors.
Metrohm Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) is the division of world-renowned Metrohm AG (Herisau, Switzerland), an industry leader in laboratory and process instruments. We are seeking an experienced Technical Product Manager to join our team and manage the Process Analytics portfolio and develop new business. It is your chance to be an integral part of a dynamic team and make an immediate impact!
About the role:
The Technical Product Manager is responsible for technical support and sales activities, driving results for our region. An effective Technical Product Manager Experience must have a comprehensive technical understanding of the requirements and needs of the process customers. Technical analytical solutions will focus on several focused markets such as, Chemical, Petro-chemical, Water Treatment Plants, and Mining, etc.
- The Technical Product Manager is responsible for technical support and sales activities and is accountable for pre and post sales result
- Installation of Process instrumentation and training at customer's site
- Ongoing technical support to existing and potential Process Analytics customers
- Training Territory Mangers in the use and application of the products
- Assisting Process Sales Product Manager in achieving company financial targets
- Development and the implementation of a Sales Plan - aligned with the sales and marketing strategies, to effectively cover the territory, identify qualified customers
- Maintain the record of activities and utilise the company CRM to gauge sale growth
- As part of the Process Team, implement the corporate sales and marketing strategy
- Be the interface between customers and corporate technical resources
- Ensure customer satisfaction
Skills and experience:
- The ability to commission and support complex capital systems in the focused process industry, based on both technical and economic value at multiple decision levels within the customer organization
- A record of accomplishment supporting and selling complex capital systems
- Know-how and experience to manage a large, high potential territory, and effectively increase the exposure for the company and products that results in development and delivery of revenue growth
- Experience and skills in defining and implementing a focused business development plan based on effective time/territory management
- Key account management for Process Technologies, throughout the territory
- Interface with corporate resources to deliver a quality customer experience
- Be accountable and provide comprehensive feedback on opportunities and growth in the region
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in chemistry/chemical engineering or related discipline from a four-year college or university; and six to ten years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid driver's license, must be prepared to travel and work away from home.
What you'll get in return:
- Great company culture and support
- Extensive training provided
- Competitive salary (base + super + commission)
- Early finish Fridays
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a product manager?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?