Advertiser: Shine SolutionsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jul 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
Who is Shine?
Formed in 1998 and headquartered in Melbourne, Shine has forged an enviable reputation for delivering real value to our clients. This is evidenced by our relationships spanning many years with clients including Coles, Telstra, Energy Australia, NAB, Medibank, ANZ and Sportsbet. By combining our focus on business benefit with our deep technology skills and excellent industry experience, we can offer more than good technology - we can help our clients mitigate risk, realise their vision and deliver tangible benefits to their business.
All our actions are underpinned by our core values of ‘People First’, ‘Sharing Deep Expertise’, ‘Pragmatic Delivery’ and ‘Integrity Above All’. You can expect to be listened to, challenged and have a career where success will be defined by what you make of it.
This role will involve:
- Designing and building of automated provisioning solutions utilising modern technologies such as GCP, Terraform and AWS
- Providing input into Continuous Integration and Continuous Development solutions
- Integration Testing - creating and executing the plan, identify and log any issues
Key skills/attributes we value are:
- Experience with virtualisation
- Passion for automation
- Experience in Cloud Solutions such as AWS and Google Cloud Platform
- Python scripting experience
- In-depth SysAdmin experience, ideally in Linux environments
- Ability to quickly adapt to new environments, learn new coding languages and technologies and become the "go to" person for clients
- Initiative; in order to identify possible problems before they arise and identify potential solutions
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with clients and team-mates
Working at Shine
We are official partners with both AWS and GCP.
We provide 5 paid study days per year to all staff to take up training in their chosen field of specialisation to help support our culture of technical excellence
We will pay for costs related to certification to approved programs such as AWS and GCP.
Up to $250 per year on reference books or self-paced training materials without prior approval
Access to online training modules to help you keep up to date with the latest technologies (we will subscribe to pluralsight.com on your behalf)
We love learning and sharing our experiences with each other, our clients and software communities.
We provide time and incentives (financial!) for our people to share their knowledge and experience via our blog, regular forums in our office, as well as presenting at meetups and conferences.
We also provide access to an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) which offers strictly confidential counselling sessions to staff, be it for personal or professional matters.
This is a permanent full time position. You will need to have full working rights for Australia.
Please, no Agencies.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.