IT Infrastructure & Cloud Operations Manager
Advertiser: Euclideon Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jul 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Management
About the business
Euclideon is a leading global 3D technology company which has continually demonstrated its ability to maintain growth and profit through the development of unique business strategies and the company's commitment to develop and deliver disruptive technologies to the world.
If you are technically skilled, thrive on a challenge, are excited by growth and expansion and you have previous experience in the geospatial software industry, your application will be highly regarded.
About the role
Based in Brisbane's CBD we are currently seeking a highly skilled, organised, and experienced IT and Cloud Operations Manager who will be responsible for overseeing Euclideons IT infrastructure and cloud operations. The successful candidate will be making decisions with regards to the IT technological requirements of the company, be responsible for the management of our Cloud operations, implementing IT strategies and ensuring that the technological resources are aligned with the business needs. The successful candidate for this role will be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator, and an expert in IT and Cloud based software operations.
You will be working closely with the executive management team and will act as both an IT and Cloud operations expert and advisor.
- Enhance availability, performance and stability of services as well as automating repetitive work.
- Investigate and pre-empt issues in our cloud and local services
- Working on production and staging environments - monitoring and configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation.
- Working closely with the development team on future work and to improve current systems
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in a live production environment
- Provide performance tuning recommendations
- Scripting and software development across one or more programming languages to automate processes
- Monitoring distributed systems application architectures
Benefits and perks
This is an exciting opportunity where you can utilise your skills, knowledge, and personal attributes to really make a difference within a rapidly expanding organisation, working closely and collaboratively within a tight knit executive management team.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your cover letter outlining why you would be the right person for this role.
Skills and experience
- Public cloud and production experience working with Azure, AWS or AliCloud.
- Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure and services including high availability, load balancing, networking, file shares, SSL certificates, proxies, virtualisation, replication & DNS configuration.
- Strong Ubuntu and Microsoft Windows Server skills
- Scripting skills using Python, Bash, YAML and/or Powershell
- Preferable experience in a variety of cloud platforms (we are primarily deployed on Azure but are spread over AWS & AliCloud)
- Good understanding of database management (PostgreSQL)
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an operations manager?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- What's the highest level of ITIL qualification you have completed?
- How many years' experience do you have in a software development role?