Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Advertiser: North Fork GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jul 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, COO & MD
The North Fork Group, comprising of Fork Force Australia, Lencrow Forklifts & Hystandard Handling Equipment is one of Australia’s largest independent forklift companies and is majority owned by Nishio Rent All Co., Ltd listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and 8th largest equipment rental company in the world. Our fast-growing, innovative company offers quality new and used forklifts for sale and hire and is supported by national servicing and spare parts.
To support our strategic plans, we are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Chief Operating Officer to lead branch operations and manage a large multi-site rental fleet. Reporting to the Managing Director, duties will include:
- Achieve branch revenue and operating margin growth in line with the Annual Business Plan
- Lead branch activities, ensuring that all operations are aligned to strategic objectives and are operating in an efficient and effective manner
- Design and implement continuous improvement strategies to surpass customer satisfaction, retention, and company goals led by analysing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Prepare annual branch budgets, operational plans and provide critical input to strategic plans
- Model and set the company culture while building and leading the state teams
- Governance, risk management, and compliance
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Materials Handling knowledge, with preference given to candidates with direct Forklift experience gained from sales and major account management
- Strong proven ability to motivate and inspire a national team to exceed KPI’s and growth targets
- Strong experience driving cultural change, which align to and support business objectives & Annual Business Plans
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to distil meaning and deliverable outcomes from complex financial results
- Commercially acumen – a focused leader who can demonstrate exceptional communication, organisation, presentation, negotiation and planning skills
Applications should include a cover letter together with a CV and submit by clicking the apply button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a chief operation officer?
- How many years' experience do you have with change management?