Station O&M Procedures Author
Advertiser: Metro Trains MelbourneMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jul 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Other
Are you interested in joining Metro Trains Melbourne’s (MTM’s) project team who are involved in multibillion dollar city-shaping infrastructure projects? Can you bring your wealth of experience to help us support the delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project – Victoria’s biggest rail infrastructure project?
If the answer is "Yes", keep reading!
About the Project
The Metro Tunnel Project (MTP) is being delivered in three work packages, with a program level team assisting each package. The three work packages are: Rail Systems Alliance, Rail Infrastructure Alliance, and the Tunnels and Stations (T&S) Public Private Partnership. This role is within the: Operations & Maintenance Program level team.
About the role:
In this role you will represent one [or more] of the new underground Metro Tunnel Stations for the development and delivery of the station operations and maintenance procedures, work instructions, consultation and engaging with key stakeholders.
Other core responsibilities of the role will include –
- Responsible for developing the station operations and maintenance procedures, work instructions materials to be ready for trial operations as well as supporting Day-1 revenue service
- Understand all relevant technical deliverables, i.e. design, Operations & Maintenance manuals, training material/s, provided by Cross Yarra Partnership (PPP Contractor), derive a clear, concise, and detail station operating and maintenance procedures in supporting the successful deployment of operational readiness activities
- Maintain documentation of the plans, procedures and work instructions, being responsible for program delivery of all deliverables and feeding into system engineering and assurance processes
- Responsible for developing all new operations and maintenance procedures in accordance with the overall MTP delivery programme
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets MTM applicable standards and is appropriate for the final audience
- Conduct consultation workshops with Alliances and other key stakeholders throughout the development of the procedure
- Ensure the production of the new SMS align with the Australian Standard as well as Metro Standard
- Analyse existing and potential documentation, focusing on reuse and single sourcing for the development process
- Create and maintain the relevant records/version for the documentation hierarchy
- Identify and notify Change Specialist for any potential industrial relation, cultural, behavioural change issues, based on the new procedures developed
The successful candidate will comply with risk provisions of the Rail Safety National Law, Occupational Health and Safety Act (Vic) and risk assessment received from the safety regulators.
About your experience:
To be successful you will be required to demonstrate the following experience and capability:
- 10+ years’ experience working in professional/ technical writing or related roles
- Experience in internal, third-party and government negotiations is desirable, especially in managing industrial relations
- Strong working knowledge on manual compilation and word formatting, excellent written skills in English and Ability to use Visio or equivalent as a tool to develop diagram and / or workflow is a mandatory requirement for the position
- Ability to understand technical concepts and be able to translate to Metro operating & maintenance procedures.
About the opportunity:
This is a permanent full time opportunity to build on the career you’ve developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters. You will have the opportunity to influence the future of the railway, to gain expertise across the entirety of the project, and become a transversal subject matter expert for the project.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Applications close COB Friday 7th August 2020.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note that only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.