Advertiser: Oceania Aviation2.0667 out of 52.1 overall rating (15 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jul 2020
- Alice Springs & Central Australia
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Aviation Services
- Working in & around different aircraft types
- Accelerated career progression
- Competitive Hourly Pay Rate, Penalty Rates, 9.5% Superannuation
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Oceania Aviation Services is an Australian owned leading Ground Handling Company providing customer services at the airport, Ramp/baggage services including aircraft cleaning to major airlines. Our customers include Malindo Airways, Malaysian Airlines, Qantas, QantasLink, Jetstar, Virgin Australia, Air North, Alliance and Skytrans spanning 14 airports and employing over 350 dedicated employees throughout Australia and Samoa.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Baggage Handler you will be responsible for loading the correct quantity and positioning of customer baggage and freight on an aircraft, and unloading. Very specific processes for how people and equipment move around the airport and around the Aircraft exist, and must always be followed, to ensure that we are always Safe and Compliant.
- Handling customer baggage from terminal-aircraft-terminal
- Loading / unloading baggage & freight
- Operating Ground Service Equipment on Ramp
- Aircraft Receipt & Dispatch
- Aircraft Cleaning/Fleet Presentation
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Positive & optimistic view
- Learning oriented
- Insightful & practical minded
- Excellent level of health and fitness
- Excellent personal presentation
- Effective communication skills
- Unrestricted Driver’s License
- Eligible for an Aviation Security Identification Card
- Pass Drug & Alcohol & Audio tests
- Able to work in a team environment
- Limited restrictions on the ability to work a 7 day rotating roster
Oceania Aviation is all about going above and beyond to deliver outstanding service to our Airline Customers. Our desire is to exceed our customer’s expectations every time. Above all else comes Safety and Compliance, Standard Operating Procedures rule, integrity, honesty and accountability in everything we do.
- Upskill to Supervisor/Trainer/Management
- Additional qualifications: Airside Driver’s License/Radio Ops Cert/Dangerous Good training
- Flexible rosters released fortnightly
- Professional Development: Cert III AVI30416, & Cert IV TAE40116
HOW TO APPLY
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter before EOB Monday 20 July 2020. In your cover letter tell us why you are perfect for the role, what gets you out of bed in the morning, what days/times are you available to work, and when you can start.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.