Civil Engineer - Fortitude Valley
Advertiser: TFA Project GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Jul 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering
TfA Project Group are currently seeking a Civil Engineer with experience in the design of commercial, industrial and residential developments to join our expert project delivery team. This is a permanent position, available immediately and will see you working with a group of enthusiastic and capable professionals. The position is available in our head office located in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane.
The role will be focused on the design of fuel, energy and industrial development projects, as well as other general retail and commercial projects such as shopping centres, childcare centres, and multi-retail development projects.
- Site stormwater drainage design including water quality and quantity modelling to satisfy Councils and other authorities approvals
- Preparation of site-based stormwater management plan reports
- 3D modelling of design using Autocad Civil 3D
- Earthworks cut and fill analysis and surface site gradings
- Road geometric design in accordance with TMR/Austroads
- Concrete and asphalt pavement design
- Oily water systems design
- Preparation of material take-offs and cost estimates
- Preparation of specifications and scope of work
- Liaison with clients, authorities and sub-consultants
- Assisting project managers/engineers in the delivery of projects and/or assume the role of project engineer when required
- Minimum 5 years proven consultancy experience as a civil design engineer in Australia
- Experience in both commercial/industrial developments and Council/TMR infrastructure projects.
- Understanding of water sensitive urban design
- RPEQ or having commenced the process of attainment as a minimum
- Conversant with Autocad Civil 3D, 12d, Music, Drains and PCdrain
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written), in particular high level of technical writing ability (reports, professional emails and letters)
- Ability to work autonomously and be highly productive
- Team player. Experience with multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to deliver multiple projects concurrently in a quality, cost effective and efficient manner
Salary & Conditions
Your salary will be negotiated depending on your experience
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter addressed to the General Manager and attach your CV/resume
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a civil engineer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in civil engineering?