Advertiser: Koorana Child & Family Services3.8 out of 53.8 overall rating (5 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Sept 2020
- Sydney, Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
We have an exciting opportunity for a Psychologist to join our trans-disciplinary team on a permanent role supporting families in local communities.
About the Role
We deliver a range of clinical psychology services to children and implement family-centred therapeutic and behaviour management programs. We work from a best practice enhanced key worker model and have a specific focus on supporting children with additional needs, including those with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and their families.
In this role, you will be working within a trans-disciplinary team and will be responsible for ensuring the provision of psychology and support services to families who have a child with additional needs enrolled in one of our services. Some of the key responsibilities of this role are:
- Providing clinical psychology services to address specific mental health needs of children enrolled in a Koorana service
- Providing Positive Behaviour Support services to address children’s behaviours of concern
- Participating in trans-disciplinary practice within the team and consultation with other relevant agencies
- Referring to other professionals or agencies as appropriate
- Maintaining a high degree of professional awareness in regard to current evidence-based best practice and research in the field, and ensuring the application of these principles at all times
- Maintaining a clinical caseload
- Completing and complying with all relevant billing, reporting and record keeping associated with clients accessing the services of the Clinical Psychologist under the NDIS, Medicare or ATAPS system
Koorana Child and Family Services is a community-owned children's organisation, committed to the provision of high-quality early childhood education, intervention, and family support services across Sydney. Koorana works with all children and is committed to delivering quality children’s services through the provision of early childhood education, intervention and family support in ways that acknowledge and respect all individuals.
Koorana values self-determination, universal access and equity, mutual respect, collaboration, ethical behaviour and integrity. Our practice is driven by family-centred principles and evidence-based best practice, fostering natural community inclusion and quality management through the key worker model.
Koorana’s services are designed to ensure that families are well informed, have choices, and are supported in their decisions.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Sound knowledge and experience in paediatric psychology
- Experience delivering therapeutic programs within natural learning environments e.g. centre, home, educational and community-based settings
- Experience in counselling families
- Experience in conducting a range of formal paediatric assessments (including Griffiths)
- A University degree in Psychology, and registration with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse community
- Current drivers’ licence and access to a vehicle.
What is on Offer?
Koorana offers the right applicant:
- The opportunity to work in innovative programs with supportive work environment
- An attractive salary package, including salary sacrificing benefit
- Generous programming and planning time
- Flexible work arrangements based on client needs
- Opportunities for professional development
We would love to hear from you! Apply now via SEEK with your resume and cover letter. Please email any questions about the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preferred candidates will be subject to a Working with Children and Criminal record check.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
No recruiters, please. We love the work you do but are going solo on this one. We promise... if we need help, we'll reach out to you.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.