Advertiser: AHG Refrigerated Logistics2.8889 out of 52.9 overall rating (27 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jul 2020
- Perth, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Fleet Management
Email: Please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
Fleet Controller - Afternoon Shift
AHG Refrigerated Logistics inclusive of Rand Transport, JAT Refrigerated, Scott's Refrigerated and Harris Refrigerated is a national service provider specialising in refrigerated freight using road and intermodal transport services. We move high value, temperature controlled and refrigerated fresh produce, confectionery, meat, dairy and manufactured food products between all states of Australia.
A vacancy currently exists within our Hazelmere operations for an experienced Fleet Controller on an afternoon shift from 3pm to 11pm. This role will play a critical role in the effectiveness and efficiency of our business' operations.
Key functions of the role will be to coordinate the loading, planning and utilisation of freight, drivers and equipment. Key performance measures include (but are not limited to) optimum utilisation, and on time departures.
Using your great coordination capabilities, you will ensure that freight is despatched within specified time frames and within temperature tolerances. Using the Fleet Management System (FMS) you will ensure that all operational activities are updated, recorded and reconciled into the FMS.
The successful applicant will embrace the opportunity to be accountable for the following:
- Ensure all local transport operations comply with Chain of responsibility, fatigue and Mass Management legislation
- Ensure all freight is transported within required timeslots at the correct temperature zones and operations comply with WHS and HACCP policiesand/or locate those still in transit
- Dispatching Loads, Sign outs, weighbridge
- Receiving calls and assisting with Drivers and Local Movements across the AM Shift (Looking after any Truck / Fridge Breakdowns by Leasing with workshops and contractors)
- Reporting and following up on any freight delays to Customers, Customer service, Managers and all other appropriate staff
- Ensuring all drivers paperwork is correct upon arrival (i.e. pallet dockets, temperature check sheets, trip plans etc.)
In this role you will need to have:
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar role within road transport
- Knowledge of fatigue laws and axle mass limits
- Knowledge of Chep and Loscam pallet system preferred
- A strong understanding of sensitive freight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with an unwavering attention to detail
- Knowledge of truck/trailer sizes and weight capabilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- A positive "can-do" attitude
- The ability to think quickly
Previous experience in coordinating local and or interstate linehaul services in the refrigerated transport industry or similar will be advantageous for any potential applicants.
Please note only short listed applicants will be notified of progress.
Successful applicants will be subject to Drug and Alcohol testing
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working with logistics, freight & delivery services?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?