Advertiser: GCA Engineering SolutionsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Jul 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering
GCA provides consulting engineering, design and project management services to a range of sectors including urban development, building and infrastructure.
We meet our Client's needs across a wide range of engineering and design consulting services, with expertise in:
- Civil Engineering & Road Design
- Structural Engineering Design
- Stormwater Management including Water Quality
- Water and Sewer Servicing Strategies
- Water and Wastewater Infrastructure Design (incl Pumping Stations)
- Flood Risk Management
- Erosion and Sediment Control
- Architectural Building Design
- Subdivision Layout Design
- Project, Development and Contract Management
We have an experienced multidisciplinary team of qualified professionals who are highly motivated and have a strong commitment to service and quality. Our philosophy is to build strong relationships through teamwork, respect and trust, and we firmly believe that this starts with attracting and retaining the right team members.
About the Opportunity
We are offering the opportunity for an Civil Engineer or Civil Designer.
The role is being advertised as full time however part time and flexible working arrangements will be considered.
The core responsibilities of the role will principally comprise:
- Design of civil infrastructure including earthworks, drainage, roads, sewer and water principally using the 12D software package
The right candidate may also perform work in other areas such as:
- Preparation of design reports
- Preparation of utility servicing strategies
- Preparation of stormwater management strategies
- Design management
- Other areas that are consistent with the company's areas of expertise
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Between 2 and 10 years' relevant industry experience (although recent graduates will also still be considered on merit).
- Strong civil design skills
- Experience using the 12D Model and AutoCAD software packages.
- Strong problem solving abilities and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A strong sense of commitment, a strong desire to learn and develop new skills, and a desire to work in a deadline driven environment
- A current general (car) drivers license.
The remuneration package will be commensurate with the calibre and experience of the applicant.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Which of the following types of infrastructure project do you have experience with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in civil engineering?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.