Full Stack Software Engineer
Advertiser: Additive AssuranceMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Jul 2020
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Additive Assurance, you will be working alongside the team to build the future of distributed manufacturing. In the role you will work collaboratively with the development team to scale our distributed manufacturing system for secure environments. The position will involve many new challenges in building a unique SaaS + hardware product, and is the ideal opportunity to work across the technology stack.
The role is fast paced, and you will thrive in the role if you enjoy a challenge and solving new problems. This full-time position is based within the Monash Precinct, Clayton, however will be starting as a remote position. Opportunity to work from home long term (if desired).
Additive Assurance is a venture backed spin-out of Monash University, delivering quality assurance solutions to the metal 3D printing industry.
Metal additive manufacturing (AM), allows engineers to manufacture designs with features and functionality that was previously not possible, while also distributing manufacturing to the location of need. Additive Manufacturing has the potential to change global manufacturing supply chains, however it still faces a major hurdle in achieving wide scale adoption: quality control. Parts made by additive manufacturing are highly variable, with random defects that can cause parts to fail when in use.
This is where we come in. Additive Assurance is building a novel hardware enabled service to locate and track defects that occur inside the process, providing the much-needed layer of quality assurance to the production technique. The unique solution places a sensor package on 3D printing machines from multiple vendors, connected to our cloud-based analysis platform to provide detailed insight into the manufacturing process in real-time. Our vision is to make additive manufacturing a staple of manufacturing globally, through in situ quality assurance.
- 3+ years’ experience in software engineering
- Strong background in web development, including frontend and backend development.
- Fluent in ReactJS, ExpressJS, and NodeJS
- Comfortable in using React-Redux library for state management, TypeORM for object modelling.
- Good working knowledge in Python 3.6+
- Strong working knowledge of SQL (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience in version control with Git, and a good understanding of CI/CD and agile development methodologies.
- BSc in Computer Systems or equivalent
- The right to work in Australia.
- Experience in Material UI would be a bonus
- Working knowledge of cloud services, specifically AWS EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS and IoT.
- Comfort working with Linux systems via CLI
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a software engineer?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- Which of the following front end development libraries and frameworks are you proficient in?
- Have you completed an Amazon Web Services Developer certification?