Environmental Sustainability Advisor - Tasmania
Advertiser: Saputo Dairy AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jul 2020
- Devonport & North West
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Environment & Sustainability Consulting
About the business
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers. To learn more visit us at http://www.saputo.com/en/careers
About the role
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Environmental Sustainability Advisor to join the Infrastructure and Sustainability team. Based at Burnie on a full-time basis, this role will also support our Smithton and King Island sites
Reporting to the Infrastructure and sustainability Leader, the Environmental Sustainability Advisor will be responsible for providing advice, guidance, services and support on all aspects of environmental management. The successful applicant will provide specialized skills and knowledge to ensure activities minimise environmental risk and maintain environmental compliance to deliver upon the Environmental Strategy.
- Participate in environment committees, internal environment forums, regulatory audits and periodic management meetings, as required and provide environmental technical input to projects and undertake reviews of documentation in line with Saputo Dairy Australia (SDA) processes
- Ensure effective reporting providing data and trend analysis, using accurate and factual information to support projects and drive continuous improvement. Review key performance indications for areas of the business, providing feedback and advice.
- Ensure legal and regulatory obligations in relation environment are met. Ensuring all such legal and regulatory obligations are known, managed and effectively communicated
- Assist in the implementation of environmental programs and measure the performance of programs ensuring they comply with the requirements of SDA's systems
- Participate in incident investigations as required, providing technical expertise, support and coaching and determine contributing factors and root cause analysis using systematic incident investigation
- Organise and support any training requirements including refresher training relating to environment
- Tertiary qualification in Environment, science or engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years' experience in the same or similar role.
- Ability to build effective working relationships and engage with personnel at all levels to resolve environment matters, issues and challenges
- Ability to direct cultural change by continually challenging leadership personnel and employees to take ownership of environment matters across all the Tasmanian site.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Suite.
- Drives for results and success using measurement methods to monitor progress
- In addition to the above the successful applicant will also demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Permanent full-time position
- Competitive salary package
- Chance to help to initiate change and implement existing strategies around Environment and sustainability across multiple sites
- Assistance program for employees and their families
- Employee share ownership program
Applications close Sunday 9th August 2020
Saputo Dairy Australia is an equal opportunity employer
As we receive a high level of interest in our opportunities, only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
- What's your expected annual base salary?